Manu Tupou Biography ((?)-)
Born January 5, on Lomaloma, Lau, Fiji Islands; son of Wilisoni Pau'u and Waimonana (Kalolaini) Fatafehi. Addresses: HOME--11 W. 69th Street, New York, NY 10023.
Favorite roles: Othello; Sitting Bull in Indians.
- Birth Details
- January 5,
- Lomaloma, Fiji
- STAGE DEBUT--Recruiting officer, Na'Au'Ao, Honolulu Community Theatre, Honolulu, HI, 1961.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Sitting Bull, Indians, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, 1969.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Ragpicker, The Madwoman of Chaillot, Sokol Theatre, New York City, 1970.
- Sitting Bull, Indians, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Seattle, WA, 1970, thenBucks County Playhouse, New Hope, PA.
- title role, Othello, American Shakespeare Festival, Stratford, CT, 1971.
- A Dramatized Anthology of Puerto Rican Short Stories, Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre, New York City, 1971.
- Agamemnon, The Wedding of Iphigenia, Agamemnon, Iphegenia in Concert, both Public Theatre, New York City, 1971.
- Sidi el Assif, Captain Brassbound's Conversion, Ethel Barrymore Theatre,New York City, 1972.
- Creon Molina, The Passion of Antigona Perez, Cathedral Church, New York City, then Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre, both 1972.
- Assawamset, Endecott and the Red Cross, Reffyman, My Kinsman, Major Molineaux, both American Place Theatre, New York City, 1976.
- title role, Black Elk Lives, Entermedia Theatre, New York City, 1981.
- Also appeared at Center Stage, Baltimore, MD, 1972-73.
- FILM DEBUT--Hawaii, United Artists, 1966.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- A Man Called Horse, National General, 1970.
- Also appeared in Castaway Cowboy, 1974.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Hawaii Five-0, CBS.
- Quest in Paradise, BBC.