Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Rachel Luttrell to Robert Markowitz
Christopher Markle Biography (1954-)
Full name, Christopher Jay Markle; born December 16, 1954, in Gary, IN; son of Joseph G. (a physician) and Mary E. (a nurse; maiden name, Kellk) Markle. Addresses: Office--Texas Tech University, Department of Theatre and Dance, Mail Stop 2061, Lubbock, TX 79409.
- Birth Details
- December 16, 1954
- Gary, Indiana, United States
Credits; Stage Work; Director
- Trouble Begins at Eight, Guthrie Theatre, Minneapolis, MN, 1981.
- A Christmas Carol, Guthrie Theatre, 1982.
- A Christmas Carol, Guthrie Theatre, 1983.
- Hedda Gabler, Guthrie Theatre, 1983.
- The Matchmaker, Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, New York City, 1984.
- A Christmas Carol, Guthrie Theatre, 1984.
- 'Night, Mother, Guthrie Theatre, 1984.
- Shakespeare Stew: A Fine Sampling of the Heights of Passion, Tisch Schoolof the Arts, 1984.
- The Piggybank, Guthrie Studio Theatre, 1984.
- Issue? I Don't Even Know You!, Playwrights' Horizons Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- Othello, Shakespeare Festival/LA, Los Angeles, CA, 1996.
- A Christmas Carol, Texas Tech University Theatre, 1996.
- Director of Heartbreak House, Guthrie Theatre; Tom Thumb or the Tragedy of Tragedies, The Madman and the Nun, and Twelfth Night, all Yale Summer Cabaret, New Haven, CT; The Cloud Dream, Pax De Deux, and The Pelican, all Schoolof Drama, Yale University, New Haven; The Queen and the Rebels, Theatre in the Round, Minneapolis; A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Acting Company; The Tavern, ANTA Theatre Company; Miss Julie, Michigan Ensemble Theatre, Ann Arbor, MI; and Real Estate, Arena Stage, Washington, DC.
Credits; Stage Work; Assistant Director
- The Cradle Will Rock, Old Vic Theatre, London, England, 1985.
- Wild Honey, Virginia Theatre, New York City, 1986.
- Assistant director of The Seagull, The Threepenny Opera, Peer Gynt, Summer Vacation Madness, The Tempest, As You Like It, Candide, Eli: A Mystery Play, Our Town, Il Campiello, and Elizabeth I, all Guthrie Theatre.
Credits; Stage Appearances
- Philostrate, Snug, and Lion, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Riverside Shakespeare Company, New York City, 1987.
Credits; Film Work; Director
- Just off the Coast, 1992.
- Caterwaul: A Dire Epic, Yale Cabaret, New Haven, CT, 1979.
- Also wrote Trouble Begins at Eight, produced at Guthrie Theatre.
Other articles you might like: