Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jack Dabdoub to Anthony John Denison
Jack Dabdoub Biography (1925-)
Surname pronounced Dab-du; full name Jack Dabdoub Jr.; born February 5, 1925,in New Orleans, LA; son of Jack (an auto dealer) and Hilda (a fur buyer; maiden name, Bader) Dabdoub; married Rosemary Lynch, November 27, 1959; children: Jack III, Patrick, Alison. Addresses: HOME--171 W. 79th Street, NewYork, NY 10024.
Dabdoub told CTFT: "I have been a professional performer since 1948 and haveenjoyed every minute."
- Birth Details
- February 5, 1925
- New Orleans
- STAGE DEBUT--Pirate King, Pirates of Penzance, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, 1946.
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Paint Your Wagon, Shubert, 1951.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Broadway: Joe Buffalo Dance, Moose Murders; Mr. Maclaren and understudy Mr. Lundie, Brigadoon, 1980; Governor, Innkeeper, Man of La Mancha, Vivian Beaumont; Don Quixote (matinees) and Governor, Innkeeper (evenings), Man of La Mancha, Martin Beck; Camelot; Annie Get Your Gun; Her First Roman; Coco; Hotspot; Anya; Guys and Dolls; Happy Hunting; My Darlin' Aida; Baker Street; PaintYour Wagon.
- Off-Broadway: Dragons; Lola, York Players; Of Those Called; Casanova; A Time for the Gentle People; The Peddler and the Dodo Bird; What's Up.
- Summer Stock: Emile deBecque, South Pacific; Don Quixote, Man of La Mancha; Cesar, Fanny; Buffalo Bill, Annie Get Your Gun; Beauregard, Mame; Wazir, Kismet; Count Peppi, Song of Norway; Herbie, Gypsy; Charlemagne, Pippin; H.C.Curry, 110 in the Shade; Sheriff, Bloomer Girl; Old Strauss, The Great Waltz;Dr. Engel, The Student Prince; Etienne, Naughty Marietta; Scaramba, El Capitan; Lou Brody, The Detective Story.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Marley, Old Joe, and understudy Scrooge, A Christmas Carol, national tour.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Ryan's Hope, ABC.
- As the World Turns, CBS.
- Search for Tomorrow.
- Route 66.
- Peter Pan.
- The Beggars' Opera.
- The Good Years.
- The Rag Tent.
- The Hero.
- Grants Tomb (pilot).
- The Tracer (pilot).
- The Shadow (pilot).
Credits; PRINCIPAL OPERA APPEARANCES
- New Orleans Opera Company, two seasons, seven roles.
- The Good Soldier Schweik, Carnegie Hall, NY, Philadelphia, PA.
- soloist with the New Orlean's Summer Pops and the Erie Philharmonic.