Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Klugman to Michael Lantieri
Robert Kornfeld Biography (1919-)
Full name, Robert Jonathan Kornfeld; born March 3, 1919, in Newton, MA; son of Lewis F. (a broker) and Lillian S. (an actress and painter) Kornfeld; married Celia Seiferth (a writer and arts administrator), August 23, 1945; children: Robert J., Jr. Addresses: OFFICE--5286 Sycamore Avenue, Riverdale,NY 10471. AGENT--c/o Emilie Jacobson, Curtis Brown, Ltd., Ten Astor Place, New York, NY 10003.
Mr. Kornfeld told CTFT that his travels take him to Italy, France, Asia, andAfrica where he continues his photography.
- Birth Details
- March 3, 1919
- Newton, Massachusetts, United States
- PLAYS,PRODUCED Je suis homme (I Am Man), Paris, 1953.
- Passage in Purgatory (one-act), Virginia Little Theatre, Norfolk, 1962, in a one-act series at Circle in the Square, New York City, 1963, and at Riverdale Contemporary Theatre, New York City, 1970.
- Kicking the Castle Down, Gramercy Arts Theatre, New York City, 1962.
- Minutes of the Meeting, Virginia Little Theatre, Norfolk, 1963.
- Clementina (one-act), Circle in the Square Theatre, New York City, 1963,Riverdale Contemporary Theatre, New York City, 1970.
- Tell The Stars, O'Neill Memorial Theatre, New London, CT, 1969.
- (with Melvin Freedman) Reunion (musical), Cubiculo Theatre, New York City, 1973-74.
- An Hour with Poe: Out of Space, Out of Time, Lincoln Center Mall series,1977, Gould Memorial Theatre, New York City, 1977, and Rome Theatre, New YorkCity, 1978.
- The Passion of Frankenstein, New York Stage Works, 1980, Network Theatre,New York City, 1982.
- (book and lyrics) Glory Hallelujah!, (two-act musical) 18th Street Playhouse, New York City, 1980-81.
- A Dream within a Dream (libretto, opera), Wave Hill Center for the Performing Arts, New York City, 1984, and Merkin Hall, New York City, 1986.
- Mrs. Bullfrog, Lehman Center for the Performing Arts, New York City, 1985, and Wave Hill Center for the Performing Arts, New York City, 1985.
- PLAYS,UNPRODUCED "Queen of Crags".
- "Playing Ludwig".
- "The Bridge".
- "The Art of Love."
- SCREENPLAYS,UNPRODUCED "The Diplomat."
- XEQ, Mexico City, Mexico, mystery series in Spanish, 1941.
- Great Southern Mansions, Samuel Walker, 1977.