Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
Sean Mathias Biography (1956-)
Full name, Sean Gerard Mathias; born March 14, 1956, in Swansea, Wales; son of John Frederick and Anne Josephine (Harding) Mathias. Addresses: Agent--c/o Jonathan Altaras Associates, Ltd., 2 Goodwins Ct., London WC2 4LL, England.
- Birth Details
- March 14, 1956
- Swansea, Wales
Credits; Stage Director
- Design for Living, Donmar Warehouse, London, 1994.
- Les Parents Terribles, Lyttleton Theatre, London, 1994, produced as Indiscretions, Barrymore Theater, New York City, 1995.
- A Little Night Music, Olivier Theatre, London, 1995-96.
- Also director of Exceptions, 1988; Bent, 1990; and Talking Heads, Noel and Gertie, and Uncle Vanya, all 1991.
Credits; Stage Appearances
- Appeared in an Edinburgh fringe production, 1978.
Credits; Television Work
- Stage producer, Ian McKellen Acting Shakespeare, 1982.
Credits; Television Appearances
- Dispatcher, The Scarlet Pimpernel, CBS, 1982.
Credits; Film Appearances
- Film star's secretary, Priest of Love, Filmways, 1981.
- Gerald Portman, White Mischief, Columbia, 1988.
- Also appeared as Irish Guards lieutenant, A Bridge Too Far, 1977.
- Infidelities, Amber Lane Press (Oxford, England), 1986.
- A Prayer for Wings, Amber Lane Press, 1987.
- Also author of Cowardice, 1983; Poor Nanny, 1989; Swansea Boys, 1990; andLanguage, 1991.
- "The Lost Language of Cranes," Great Performances, PBS, 1992.
- Author of novel Manhattan Mourning, 1988.
Other articles you might like: