Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Frances Patricia Beck to Val Bisoglio
Lynne Bell Biography (1944-)
Addresses: Agent: Jack Rose Agency, 6430 Sunset Blvd., 1203, Hollywood, CA, 90028; Agent: FWA, 3518 Cahuenga Blvd. West, Hollywood, CA, 90068.
Ms. Bell was a protégé of Frederick Bried, piano master teacherfrom 4½ years of age to 14. She has performed recitals at Carnegie Hall Recital Hall and at the George Gershwin Theatre in Brooklyn, NY. "My firstlove is theatre--love and talent being shared with live audiences. Life is made up of challenges and it is those who overcome those challenges who make life a success. My motto since I was 5 years old is 'Always Keep Smiling.'"
- Birth Details
- May 9, 1944
- Newark, New Jersey
Non-Related Theatrical Career
- Publisher/Editor, The Bell Tolls, a community newspaper in Brooklyn, 1970-71; executive and legal secretary for several agencies of the City ofNew York, 1980-83.
New York Debut
- Creole Lil/Lil Bits, Fat Tuesday, N. Heritage Repertory Theatre, NY, 1976.
Principal Stage Appearances
- One Woman Show, An Evening with Lynne, La Martinique Supper Club,NY, 1975; One-Woman Tribute to Black Theatre, American Place Theatre,NY, 1976; Lula White, One Midnight, Friday the 13th, N. Heritage Repertory Theatre, NY, 1977; lead role, Vonetta Sweetwater Carries On, NY,1982.
Principal Film Appearances
- Policewoman, Fort Apache, the Bronx, 1981; Irma Preston, They Don't Come by Ones, 1983; Gloria, The Sistuhs, 1983.
- Hooker, All My Children, 1977;
Principal Television Appearances
- Teacher, Can You Hear the Laughter: The Freddie Prinz Story, 1977;Nurse, One Life to Live, 1978; Mrs. Waters, All My Children, 1983.
- Executive producer and host, Bridging the Gap with Lynne Bell, WHBI-FM, New York, 1976-79
Other articles you might like: