Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Bette Henritze to Clint Howard
Ann Stahlman Hill Biography (1921-)
Born April 15, 1921, in Nashville, TN; daughter of James Geddes (a newspaperpublisher) and Mildred Porter (Thornton) Stahlman; married George de RoulahacHill (a public relations executive), September 23, 1947; children: Mary, George Jr., Margaret, Thomas. Addresses: HOME--201 Lynwood Blvd., Nashville, TN 37205.
- Birth Details
- April 15, 1921
- Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- With the Nashville Academy Theatre (formerly Nashville Children's Theatre): Set and costume designer, 1947, member of board of directors, thirty-threeyears, secretary, treasurer, and president, 1956-58, persuaded city to provide $250,000 bond issue to build theatre, 1960.
- With the Southeastern Theatre Conference: First chairman, Children's Theatre Division: administrative vice-president, vice- president, and president,1962-63, chairman, New Play Project and Honors and Nominations, member, Waysand Means Committee, Endowment Fund Committee, and Ethics Committee.
- With the Children's Theatre Association of America: Chairman, Ways and Means Committee, 1959-62, member, governing board, 1960-63, comptroller, 1962-66, vice-president, 1967-69, president, 1969-71, delegate to White House Conference on Children, 1970, chairman, Future Policy Committee, 1972-73, chairman, Winifred Ward Scholarship Committee, 1978-80.
- U.S. Center for ASSITEJ, (International Association of Theatre for Children and Youth): Executive Secretary-Treasurer, 1967-73, U.S.
- delegate to congresses and meetings in London, Moscow, The Hague, Venice,Montreal, Albany, NY, Madrid.
- Tennessee Theatre Association: Founder and first program chairman, 1968,vice-president for Middle Tennessee, 1968-69, member, Curriculum Committee and By-laws Committee.
- American Educational Theatre Association/American Theatre Association: Member, Awards and Honors Committee, 1962-63, Finance Committee, 1969-71, and chairman of committee, 1971, and Structure Committee, 1967-71, vice-presidentfor administration, 1972-73, president, 1975, member, executive committee andboard of directors, 1969-78, elected to College of Fellows, 1975, chairman,1980-82.
- Member, board of trustees, American National Theatre and Academy (ANTA),1961-64.
- member, board of trustees, Children's Theatre Foundation, 1967--.
- member, theatre advisory panel, Tennessee Arts Commission, 1968-76.
- member, drama advisory panel, Kentucky Arts Commission, 1975.
- vice-chairman, Tennessee Alliance for Arts Education, 1975-82.
- vice-chairman, Nashville Institute for the Arts, 1978.
- member, board of directors, Tennesseans for the Arts, 1981, secretary, 1984.
- Women's Advisory Committee, Tennessee Performing Arts Foundation, 1975-80.
- U.S. delegate for theatre to joint Roumanian-U.S. Conference on Arts Education, 1975.
Other articles you might like: