David Shiner Biography (1954-)
Born c. 1954, in Boston, MA; son of Francis Shiner (a computer programmer) and a homemaker; married Micaela Wengenroth (an equestrienne). Career: Actor. Worked as a street mime in Boulder, CO, c. 1978, then in Paris, France,and other French cities, then in Germany; appeared with the Cirque Du Soleil, German National Circus, and Swiss National Circus; appeared at Serious Fun!, Lincoln Center, New York City; guest director of the Wintergarden Theatre,Berlin, Germany, and the Apollo Theatre, Dusseldorf, Germany. Addresses: Home: Utting, Germany.; Contact: Broadhurst Theatre, 235 West 44th St., New York, NY 10036.
- Birth Details
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Film Appearances
- Clown, Lorenzo's Oil, Universal, 1992
- Straight man, Silent Tongue, Alive Films, 1993
- Lloyd Small, Man of the House (also known as Man 2 Man andPals Forever), Buena Vista, 1995
- Television Appearances
- Mit den Clowns kamen die Traenen, WDR, RAI, and France 3, 1990
- Cirque Du Soleil II: A New Experience, HBO, 1991
- Roommate, Soul Man, ABC, 1997
- Appeared in The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, both NBC.
- Stage Appearances
- Cirque Du Soleil: Nouvelle Experience, Battery City Park, New YorkCity, 1991
- Broadway Canteen Seventh Annual Easter Bonnet Competition, Broadway Theatre, New York City, 1993
- Fool Moon, Richard Rogers Theatre, New York City, 1993then Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, 1998-99
- Major Tours
- Cirque Du Soleil: Nouvelle Experience, U.S. and Canadian cities, 1990-91
- Also toured Europe with Rene Bazinet in a two-man show.
- Writings for the Stage
- (With Bill Irwin) Fool Moon, Richard Rogers Theatre, 1993then Ahmanson Theatre, 1998-99
- People Weekly, April 5, 1993, p. 93.*