Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Chris Owen to Bernadette Peters
Jo Marie Payton-Noble Biography (1950-)
Born JoMarie Payton, August 3, 1950, in Albany, GA; married Marc France (divorced); married Rodney Noble, April 17, 1993 (divorced); married Landrus Clark(a writer), June 17, 1998; children: (first marriage) Chantale. Addresses: Agent: The Irv Schechter Company, 9300 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 410, Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
- Actress, singer
- Birth Details
- Albany, Georgia
- Mona, The New Odd Couple, ABC, 1982-83
Silver Spoons, NBC, 1985-86
- Harriette Winslow, Perfect Strangers, ABC, 1987-89
- Harriette Winslow, Family Matters, ABC, 1989-97
- Mrs. Freeman, Will & Grace, NBC, 1999-2000
- (As Jo Marie Payton) Suga Moma, The Proud Family, 2001
The Redd Foxx Variety Show, 1977
- Valerie Shaw, "A Concerted Effort: Part 1," Moesha, UPN, 1996
- Jamie's mother, "Just Don't Do It," The Jamie Foxx Show, The WB, 1998
- (As Jo Marie Payton) "Barking Up the Wrong Tree," Moesha, UPN, 1999
- Bernetta Campbell, "Thanksgiving," Moesha, UPN, 1999
- Helen, "Saving Faces," City of Angels, CBS, 2000
- Appeared as Sergeant Pepper, Small Wonder; Bavaria, The `Slap'Maxwell Story; in Teachers Only;
- Black lady, The Hollywood Knights, 1980
- Baptist #1, Deal of the Century, 1983
- Jookhouse woman #2, Crossroads, Columbia, 1986
- Kool's Mother, Disorderlies, Warner Bros., 1987
- Second woman in recreation center, Colors, 1988
- (As JoMarie Payton-France) Saleswoman, Troop Beverly Hills, Columbia, 1989
- (As Jo Marie Payton) Paul's wife, Echoes of Enlightenment, MyogakuProductions, 2000
- Also appeared in Body and Soul.
- Appeared in plays produced at Merry-Go-Round Playhouse, Coconut Grove, and Theater of Afro Arts, until 1975.
- Idella, Purlie, U.S. cities, 1975-?
Southern Shadows, 1999
Other articles you might like: