Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Klaus Badelt to Christophe Beck
Marston Balch Biography (1901-)
Full name Marston Stevens Balch; born November 21, 1901; son of Ernest Alanson (a history professor and mayor of Kalamazoo, MI) and Bertha Lou (a volunteer social worker; maiden name, Stevens) Balch; married Gernaine Cornier (a French professor), September 6, 1927 (died July 18, 1969); married Roberta Newton Blanchard (an author, craftsman, and artist), September 8, 1976; children:(first marriage) Gabrielle. Addresses: HOME--32 Calumet Road, Winchester, MA 01890.
- Directed over 125 student productions at Tufts University.
- The Dramatic Legacy of Thomas Middleton, 2 vols. (unpublished).
- editor, Modern Short Biographies, 1935.
- co-author, You and College, 1936.
- co-editor, The College Omnibus, 1936.
- editor, Modern Short Biographies and Autobiographies, 1940.
- co-author, Theatre in America: Appraisal and Challenge, 1968.
- TRANSLATIONS,PLAYS The Steamship Tenacity.
- Beggars in Paradise.
- The Chief Thing.
- Doctor Knock.
- The Would-Be Gentleman.
Other articles you might like: