Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jules Tasca to Sam Trammell
Benicio Toro Biography (1967-)
Born February 19, 1967, in Santurce, Puerto Rico; raised in Puerto Rico and Pennsylvania; father was a farmer. Career: Actor, producer, and writer.Awards, Honors: Independent Spirit Awards, best supporting male, 1996, for The Usual Suspects, and 1997, for Basquiat.
Addresses: Agent: c/o IFA Talent Agency, 8730 Sunset Blvd., Suite 490, Los Angeles,CA 90069.
- Actor, producer, writer
- Birth Details
- February 19, 1967
- Santurce, Puerto Rico
- Duke, the dog-faced boy, Big Top Pee-Wee, Paramount, 1988
- Dario, License to Kill(also known as License Revoked), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1989
- Miguel, The Indian Runner, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/Pathe, 1991
- Alvaro Harana, Christopher Columbus: The Discovery, Warner Bros.,1992
- Dino Palladino, Money for Nothing, Buena Vista, 1993
- Bon, the friend from Miami, Huevos de Oro(also known as GoldenBalls and Macho), Lola Films, 1993
- Manny Rodrigo, Fearless, Warner Bros., 1993
- Lamar Dickey, China Moon(also known as Lune Rouge), Orion,1994
- Rex, Swimming with Sharks(also known as The Boss and TheBuddy Factor), Trimark Pictures, 1995
Fallen Angels, Good Housekeeping,1995
- Fred Fenster, The Usual Suspects, Gramercy Pictures, 1995
- Himself, Cannes Man(also known as Canne$ Man), Rocket Pictures Home Video, 1996
- Benny Dalmau, Basquiat(also known as Build a Fort, Set It on Fire), Miramax, 1996
- Juan Primo, The Fan, Sony Pictures Entertainment, 1996
- Gaspare Spoglia, The Funeral, October Films, 1996
- Detective Lopez, Joyride, Live Entertainment/Showcase Entertainment, 1997
- Vincent Roche, Excess Baggage, Sony Pictures Entertainment, 1997
- Oscar Zeta Acosta (Dr. Gonzo), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Universal, 1998
- Frankie Four Fingers, Snatch,2000
Way of the Gun,2000
Film Director and Producer
- Rafael Caro Quintero, Drug Wars: The Camarena Story, NBC, 1990
Ohara, ABC, 1987
- "Everybody's in Showbiz," Miami Vice, NBC, 1987
Shell Game, CBS, 1987
- "The Bribe," Tales from the Crypt, HBO, 1994
- Paco, "Good Housekeeping," Fallen Angels, Showtime, 1995
- Also appeared in Private Eye.
- Appeared in Madonna's "La Isla Bonita."
Newsweek, January 15, 1996, pp. 60-3.
Other articles you might like: