Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
John Romano to Waldo Salt
Daphne Rubin-Vega Biography (1969-)
Born c. 1969, in Panama City, Panama; daughter of Jose Mercedes (a carpenter)and Daphne (a nurse) Vega; stepdaughter of Leonard Rubin (a writer).
- Birth Details
- Panama City, Panama
- Cinda, Faust, La Jolla Playhouse, San Diego, CA, 1993
- Mimi Marquez, Rent, New York Theatre Workshop, New York City, beginning 1994, then Broadway production, 1996-97
- Rahmi, Gum, Women's Project & Productions Theatre, New York City, 1999
- Magenta, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Circle in the Square, New YorkCity, 2000
- Sofie, Two Sisters and a Piano, Shiva, Public Theatre, New York City, 2000
- Mary Magdalene, Jesus Christ Superstar, Broadway production, 2000
- Rahmi, Gum, U.S. cities, 1999
- Modeling school receptionist, I Like It like That, Izaro Films, 1994
- Gloria, Lotto Land, 1996
- Gloria Perez, Wild Things, Columbia, 1998
- Tia, Flawless, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1999
- Olya, Skeleton Woman, 2000
- Lydia, "Brown like Me," New York Undercover, Fox, 1996
- Herself, "An Affair to Remember," Spin City, ABC, 1997
- Appeared as Pam in an episode of Trinity, NBC.
Other Television Appearances
- Voice of little Juana, The Robinita Hood: An Animated Special from the"Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child" Series, 2000
- Also appeared in Daybreak, NBC, and Sesame Street's Quiet Time.
- Also performed for the original cast recording of Rent. Singles include "I Found It," c. 1996, and "Change."