Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Bette Henritze to Clint Howard
Jocelyn Herbert Biography (1917-)
Born February 22, 1917, in London, England; daughter of Alan Patrick and Gwendolen Harriet (Macnalty) Herbert; married Anthony B. Lousada (divorced). Addresses: HOME--45 Pottery Lane, London W11, England.
- Birth Details
- February 22, 1917
- London, England
- FIRST LONDON WORK--Designer, The Chairs, English Stage Company, Royal Court Theatre, 1957.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DESIGNER
- Richard III, Stratford-on-Avon, U.K., 1961.
- Othello, National Theatre, London, 1964.
- Mother Courage, National Theatre, 1965.
- Inadmissible Evidence, Belasco Theatre, New York City, 1965.
- Ghosts, Aldwych Theatre, London, 1965.
- Orpheus and Euridice, Sadler's Wells Theatre, London, 1966.
- Hamlet, Roundhouse Theatre, London, then Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, New YorkCity, both 1969.
- Beckett 3, Theatre Upstairs, London, 1970.
- A Woman Killed with Kindness and Tyger, both National Theatre, 1971.
- Pygmalion, Albery Theatre, London, 1974.
- The Force of Destiny (opera), Paris Opera, Paris, France, 1975.
- The Merchant, Plymouth Theatre, New York City, 1977.
- Lulu (opera), Metropolitan Opera, New York City, 1977.
- Saratoga, Aldwych Theatre, London, 1978.
- Il Seraglio (opera) and The Rise and Fall of the City of Mahoganny (opera), both Metropolitan Opera, 1979.
- Early Days and Galileo, both National Theatre, 1980.
- Oresteia, National Theatre, 1981.
- Portage to San Cristobal of Adolf Hitler, Mermaid Theatre, London, 1982.
- The Devil and the Good Lord, Lyric Hammersmith Theatre, London, 1984.
- Gigi, Lyric Theatre, London, 1985.
- The Mask of Orpheus, Coliseum Theatre, London, 1986.
- J.J. Fahr, Phoenix Theatre, London, 1987.
- ALL AS DESIGNER AT THE ROYAL COURT THEATRE,LONDON The Sport of My Mad Mother, The Lesson, and Endgame, all 1958.
- Roots and Sergeant Musgrave's Dance, both 1959.
- Chicken Soup with Barley, I'm Talking about Jerusalem, and Trials by Logue, all 1960.
- The Changeling, The Kitchen, and Luther, all 1961.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, Chips with Everything, and Happy Days, all 1962.
- Baal, Skyvers, and Exit the King, all 1963.
- The Seagull, St. Joan of the Stockyards, Inadmissible Evidence, and Julius Caesar, all 1964.
- A Patriot for Me, 1965.
- The Lion and the Jewel, 1966.
- Life Price, 1969.
- Three Months Gone, 1970.
- Home, Royal Court Theatre, then Morosco Theatre, New York City, 1970.
- The Changing Room, 1971.
- Not I, Krapp's Last Tape, Savages, and Cromwell, all 1973.
- Life Class, 1974.
- What the Butler Saw and Teeth 'n' Smiles, both 1975.
- Footfalls and That Time, both 1976.
- Happy Days, 1979.
- PRINCIPAL FILM WORK; ALL AS PRODUCTION DESIGNER,UNLESS INDICATED Color consultant designer, Tom Jones, Lopert, 1963.
- Isadora (also known as The Loves of Isadora), Universal, 1968.
- Hamlet, Columbia, 1970.
- Ned Kelly, United Artists, 1970.
- O, Lucky Man, Warner Brothers, 1973.
- costume designer, The Hotel New Hampshire, Orion, 1984.
- The Whales of August, Alive, 1987.
Other articles you might like: