Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gabrielle Fitzpatrick to Christopher Fulford
Richard Franklin Biography (1948-)
Born July 15, 1948, in Melbourne, Australia; son of Rea Richard (an engineering company director) and Margaret Anne (a housewife; maiden name, Jacobson) Franklin; married Denise Elizabeth Baldwin (a teacher), December 15, 1972; children: Rebecca, David, Toby. Addresses: Agent: Larry Becsey, Chasen Agency, 910 North Canon, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
Richard Franklin began 8-mm filmmaking at age 10.
- director, producer
- Birth Details
- July 15, 1948
- Melbourne, Australia
Credits; Film Director, Except Where Indicated
Belinda, Aquarius, 1972.
Loveland, Illustrated, 1973.
- (And producer) The True Story of Eskimo Nell (also see below), Filmways, 1975.
Fantasm, Filmways Australasian, 1976.
- (And producer with Anthony I. Ginnane) Patrick, Filmways, 1979.
- Producer (with Randal Kleiser), The Blue Lagoon, Columbia, 1980.
- (And producer with Barbi Taylor) Road Games, Avco Embassy, 1981.
Psycho II, Universal, 1983.
Cloak and Dagger, Universal, 1984.
- (And producer) Link, Cannon, 1986.
F/X 2: The Deadly Art of Illusion, Orion, 1991.
Credits; Television Director; Pilots
Beauty and the Beast, CBS, 1987.
A Fine Romance, ABC, 1988.
Credits; Other Television Work
- Director of Homicide, 1970.
The True Story of Eskimo Nell, Filmways, 1975.
- (With Wayne Levy) Fred Ott Sneezes for Edison, Methuen (Australia), 1976.
Other articles you might like: