Charles Morey Biography (1947-)
Addresses: Home: 718 W. 171st Street, #51, New York, NY, 10032; Office: Peterborough Players, Box 1, Peterborough, NH, 03458.
- actor, director
- Birth Details
- June 23, 1947
- Oakland, California
- The Gentleman Caller, The Glass Menagerie, Theatre by the Sea, Portsmouth, NH, 1969.
- New York Debut
- C. Maynes, Jungle of Cities, New York Shakespeare Festival PublicTheatre, New York, 1971, 20 performances.
- Principal Stage Appearances
- Resident actor, season of plays, Theatre by the Sea, Portsmouth, NH, 1969; resident actor, season of plays, Peterborough Players, Peterborough, NH, 1969, 1970, 1971; resident actor, season of plays, Syracuse Repertory Theatre,Syracuse, NY 1972; resident actor, season of plays, Peterborough Players, 1973, 1974; Stephano, The Tempest, Folger Theater, Washington, DC, 1976;resident actor, season of plays, Peterborough Players, 1976; Osip, Idle Hands, Ark Theatre Company, 1979; Ross, Macbeth, Ark Theatre Company, 1983.
- Major Tours
- Actor 2, An Evening with George Bernard Shaw, 1972-73.
- Plays--Of Men and of Angels, Ensemble Studio Theatre, New York, 1978; Vivien, McCarter Theatre Company, Princeton, NJ, 1980; Arsenicand Old Lace, Pioneer Memorial Theatre, 1981; Unheard Songs, Ark Theatre Company, 1982; Charley's Aunt, Pioneer Memorial Theatre, 1982; Life with Father, Pioneer Memorial Theatre, 1983; Eminent Domain, Bing and Walker, Ragged Mountain Elegies, An Evening's Frost, Of Men and of Angels, Unheard Songs, Our Town, A Flea in Her Ear, The Time of Your Life, Scapino, Of Mice and Men, The Philadelphia Story, The Playboy of the Western World, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Runner Stumbles, Knock-Knock, Ah Wilderness, Peterborough Players, 1977-83.
- Theatre-Related Career
- Guest director--Benedictine College, Atchison, KS, 1974-75; University ofPittsburgh, Johnstown, PA, 1978; Franklin Pierce College, Rindge, NH, 1979;Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY, 1979; artistic director, PeterboroughPlayers, 1977-present.