Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Louisa Burns-Bisogno to Jason Carter
Diana Canova Biography (1952-)
Original name, Diana Rivero; born June 1, 1952 (some sources say 1953), in West Palm Beach, FL; daughter of Filberto Rivero (a musician and radio talk show host) and Judy Canova (an actress); married Geoff Levin, 1976 (divorced); married Elliott R. Scheiner (a record producer), July 24, 1982; children: (second marriage) Matthew Philip. Career: Actress and singer. Member: American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, Screen Actors Guild,Actors' Equity Association. Awards, Honors: People's Choice Award, favorite female performer, 1981; Golden Headset, AudioWorld, for Kalki.
Addresses: Contact: 1800 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90067.
- Actress, singer
- Birth Details
- June 1, 1952
- West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Dinah and Her New Best Friends, CBS, 1976
- Corinne Tate, Soap, ABC, 1977-81
- Diana Cassidy, I'm a Big Girl Now, ABC, 1980-81
- Harriet Foot, Foot in the Door, CBS, 1983
- Sandy Beatty, Throb, syndicated, 1986-88
- Vanessa, Home Free, ABC, 1993
- Host, Crafty Kids, Home and Garden Television, 1995
- Dolores Andrews, With This Ring, ABC, 1978
- Sheila Brady, The Death of Ocean View Park, ABC, 1979
- Lauren Hensley, Night Partners, CBS, 1983
- Competitor, The Celebrity Football Classic, NBC, 1979
- Competitor, Battle of the Network Stars, ABC, 1979
- Guest, The All-Star Salute to Mother's Day, NBC, 1981
- Susan, Peking Encounter, syndicated, 1982
No Complaints, NBC, 1985
It's Howdy Doody Time: A Forty-Year Celebration, syndicated, 1987
Ozzie's Girls, syndicated, 1973
Happy Days (also known as Happy Days Again and New Family in Town), ABC, 1974
- Daughter-in-law, Medical Story, NBC, 1975
- "Identical Problem," The Love Boat, ABC, 1977
- "Cinderella Girls," Fantasy Island, ABC, 1978
- "Taking Sides," The Love Boat, ABC, 1978
- "The Pirate," Fantasy Island, ABC, 1978
- "Spending Spree," Fantasy Island, ABC, 1979
- "Young at Heart," Fantasy Island, ABC, 1979
- "Strip Joint," Barney Miller (also known as The Life and Timesof Captain Barney Miller), ABC, 1979
- "Flashbacks," Hotel, ABC, 1983
- Joan Germaine, "Death Casts a Spell," Murder, She Wrote, CBS, 1984
- "A Wheel in a Wheel," Trapper John, M.D., CBS, 1985
- "Heartbreaker," The Love Boat, ABC, 1985
- "Family Ties," St. Elsewhere, NBC, 1986
- Margaret Mary McCauley, "Murder According to Maggie," Murder, She Wrote, CBS, 1989
- Annie Lawson, "Death by Demographics," Murder, She Wrote, CBS, 1995
- Also appeared in Chico and the Man, NBC.
- Donna Marley, The Love Boat, ABC, 1977
Other Television Appearances
- Sheila, The Bruce Diet, 1992
- Juanita, The First Nudie Musical, Paramount, 1973
- Diana, One True Thing, Universal, 1998
- Sonia, They're Playing Our Song, Imperial Theatre, New York City,1981
- Daisy, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever, Bucks County Playhouse,New Hope, PA, and Falmouth Playhouse, Falmouth, MA, both 1984
- Jenny, Company, Roundabout Theatre Company, DeWitt Clinton Park, then Criterion Center Stage Right, both New York City, 1995
- Also appeared in one-act plays at the Porterville Playhouse, Porterville,CA, 1974.
- Lady Larkin, Once upon a Mattress, United Service Organizations (USO) tour, 1973
- Taped readings include Kalki.
Back Stage, October 20, 1995, p. 56.
New Leader, December 4, 1995, pp. 30-31.
TV Guide, March 12, 1988, p. 26.*
Other articles you might like: