Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jack Dabdoub to Anthony John Denison
Meredith Eugene Dallas Biography (1916-)
Addresses: Home: 110 E. Whiteman Street, Yellow Springs, OH, 45387.
SIDELIGHTS: Since 1945, Dr. Dallas has acted in more than 50 productions and directed approximately 50 others at the Antioch Area Theatre and Amphiteatre. "In 1975 I received a PhD in Psychotherapy and Theatre. SubsequentlyI have formulated the Theatre for Personal Awareness and Theatre of Dreams. Icontinue to direct in legitimate theatre."
- teacher, actor, director
- Birth Details
- December 3, 1916
- Detroit, Michigan
- Strepsiades, The Clouds, Yellow Springs Summer Theatre.
New York Debut
- Malvolio, Twelfth Night, New York Shakespeare Festival in the Park, 1958.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Antioch Shakespeare Festival--Citizen of Angiers, King John; Richard II; Hotspur, Henry VI, Pt. 1; Snare and Silence, Henry VI, Pt. 2; Exeter, Henry V; Warwick, Henry VI; Buckingham, Richard III; Cranmer, Henry VIII; Poet, Timon of Athens; Aaron, Titus Andronicus; Marc Anthony, Julius Caesar; Host, Merry Wives of Windsor; Malvolio, Twelfth Night; Macduff, Macbeth;New York--Sergeant Winchell, Family Reunion, Phoenix Theatre, 1958; Governor's Cousin, The Power and the Glory, Phoenix Theatre, 1958; Gibbet, The Beau Strategem, Phoenix Theatre, 1959; Caliban, The Tempest, Bermuda, 1959. Performed a the following theatres--Cain Park Playhouse, Cleveland; Shaw Festival, Martha's Vineyard, MA; Springfield Civic Theatre, Springfield, OH; Hyde Park Playhouse, Hyde Park, NY; Group 20, Wellesley, MA.
- Founder/artistic director, Antioch Shakespeare Festival, 1953-55--Richard II, Henry V, Henry VII, Coriolanus, Pericles, As You Like It, Cymbeline. Artistic director, Antioch Amphetheatre, 1961-62; artistic director, Shakespeare at Antioch program, 1964; director, Trotwood Circle Theatre, OH, 1957-60. Guest director--Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven CT; Bear Republic Theatre,Santa Cruz CA.
- Caliban, premiere, The Tempest by Sibelius, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati, 1955.
Theatre Related Career
- Chairman, Department of Drama and Speech, Antioch College, 1963-; research assistant, Fels Research Institute, Yellow Springs, OH; at Antioch College--assistant to the dean, 1946-47; instructor, 1946; assistant professor, 1950,associate professor, 1954.
Other articles you might like: