Robert Stattel Biography (1932-)
Addresses: Home: 377 Bleecker Street, New York, NY, 10014; Agent: Kingman Ganz, 1501 Broadway, New York, NY, 10036.
- Birth Details
- November 20, 1932
- Floral Park, New York
- Lysander, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Ashland, OR, 1955.
- New York Debut
- Theo, Heloise, Gate, 1968.
- Principal Stage Appearances
- Camille, Danton's Death, Mr. Harcourt, The Country Wife, Edgar, King Lear, Lincoln Center Repertory, 1966-69; Von Taussig, A Patriot for Me, NY, 1969; Robert, Voices, NY, 1972; understudy,The Incomparable Max, NY, 1971-72; Dr. Watson, Sherlock Holmes, NY, 1975-76; appeared at the City Stage Company (CSC) from 1978-to 1982 inthe title roles in King Lear, Oedipus Rex, Oedipus at Colonnus, Woyzeck, Dr. Faustus, Henry IV, and leading roles in The Cherry Orchard, Gillesde Rais, Don Juan, The Cavern; The Fuhrer Bunker and Great Days, American Place, NY; The Seagull and The Learned Ladies, Roundabout, NY; other Off-Broadway: Blue Boys, Ergo, Iphigenia in Aulis, The Minister's Black Veil, The Persians, Taming of the Shrew, Domestic Issues, Four Friends, The Two Character Play; appeared at Martinique Theatre,Public Theatre, Circle in the Square, Playwrights Horizons, Phoenix, Theatrede Lys, Quaigh, in Circle Repertory; regional theatre companies include theAmerican Shakespeare Festival, Stratford, CT (four seasons), Arena Stage, Washington, DC, Syracuse Stage Company, PAF Playhouse, Indiana Repertory, Milwaukee Repertory, McCarter. In New York, he appeared in eight productions at theNew York Shakespeare Festival between 1966 and 1976.
- Principal Television Appearances
- You Are There; Kojak; Love of Life; As the World Turns; All My Children; The Late Great Me; Another World; King Lear; The Fifty Years' Revolution; The Adams Chronicles.