Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Nicholas Selby to Marc Singer
John Simon Biography (1925-)
Full name, John Ivan Simon; born May 12, 1925, in Subotica, Yugoslavia; immigrated to the United States, 1941; son of Joseph (in business) and Margaret (Reves) Simmon; married Cheryle Brown (divorced). Addresses: Office--NewYork, 755 Second Ave., New York, NY 10021.
- Birth Details
- May 12, 1925
- Subotica, Yugoslavia
- Acid Test, Stein & Day (Briarcliff Manor, NY), 1963.
- Private Screenings: Views of the Cinema of the Sixties, Macmillan (New York), 1967.
- (Editor with R. Schickel) Film '67-'68, Simon & Schuster (New York),1968.
- (Editor) Fourteen for Now, Harper (New York), 1969.
- Movies into Film, Dial (New York), 1971.
- Ingmar Bergman Directs, Harcourt (San Diego, CA), 1972.
- Uneasy Stages: A Chronicle of the New York Theatre, 1963-1973, Random House (New York), 1976.
- Singularities: Essays on the Theatre, 1964-1974, Random House, 1976.
- Author of the books Paradigms Lost: Reflections on Literacy and Its Decline, 1980; Reverse Angle: A Decade of American Films, 1982; Something to Declare: Twelve Years of Films from Abroad, 1983; and The Sheep From the Goats: Selected Literary Essays, 1989. General editor, "Crofts Classics," Appleton, 1966-75. Contributor to books and periodicals.
Other articles you might like: