Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Holly Fulger to Joanna McClelland Glass
Peter Gennaro Biography (1919-2000)
Born November 23, 1919, in Metairie, LA; son of Charles (a tavern operator and real estate executive) and Conchetta (a tavern operator; maiden name, Sabella) Gennaro; married Jean Kinsella (a dancer), January 24, 1948; children: Michael, Liza. Addresses: AGENT--William Morris Agency, 1350 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- November 23, 1919
- Death Details
- September 28, 2000
- New York, New York
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Dancer, San Carlo Opera, 1949.
- appeared as a dancer in Broadway productions of: Make Mine Manhattan, 1949; Subway Circuit, 1949; Kiss Me Kate, 1950; Guys and Dolls, 1950; Arms and the Girl, 1950; Pajama Game, 1954; Bells Are Ringing, 1956.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Choreographer, Broadway productions of: Seventh Heaven, 1955.
- Fiorello!, 1959.
- Mr. President, 1963.
- Bajour, 1964.
- co-choreographer, West Side Story, 1957.
- Annie, 1977.
- Little Me, 1982.
- Broadway productions of Jimmy, Irene, Carmelina.
- choreographer, London productions of Bar Mitzvah Boy, 1978; Singin' in the Rain, 1985.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS; CHOREOGRAPHER
- Wonderful Town, 1977.
- Singin' in the Rain.
- On the Town.
Credits; PRINCIPAL CABARET APPEARANCES
- Appeared as a dancer at the Aladdin Hotel, Las Vegas, and in Al Hirt's Salute to New Orleans.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- In the 1960s, appeared as a dancer on: Polly Bergen Show; Andy Williams Show; Bob Crosby Show; Perry Como Show; Judy Garland Show; Bing Crosby Show; Academy Awards; Ed Sullivan Show; Mike Douglas Show; A.M. America; Kraft MusicHall.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; CHOREOGRAPHER
- Polly Bergen Show.
- Andy Williams Show.
- Bob Crosby Show.
- Perry Como Show.
- Judy Garland Show.
- Bing Crosby Show.
- Ed Sullivan Show.
- Ed Sullivan's Tribute to Irving Berlin, 1968.
- Also choreographed: Robert Goulet and Maurice Chevalier Special; Bob Hopeand Phyllis Diller Special; Mitzi Gaynor Special; Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire Special; Salute to Ford's Theatre; Brigadoon; Miss America Pageants, 1973-76, and 1984.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Choreographer, The Unsinkable Molly Brown, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1964.
Other articles you might like: