Rona Barrett Biography (1936-)
Born Rona Burstein, October 8, 1936, in New York, NY; daughter of Harry J. (afood market entrepreneur) and Ida (Lefkowitz) Burstein; married William Allan Trowbridge (a businessman), September 22, 1973. Addresses: HOME--P.O. Box, 1410, Beverly Hills, CA 90213.OFFICE--National Broadcasting Company, 3000 W. Alameda Avenue, Burbank, CA 91523.
- Birth Details
- October 8, 1936
- New York, New York, United States
- Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Host, Dateline, Hollywood, ABC, 1967, and host, Rona Barrett's Hollywood,ABC, 1969.
- syndicated journalist with Metromedia Network, 1969-74.
- arts and entertainment editor, featured journalist, and interviewer, GoodMorning, America, ABC, 1975-80.
- interviewer and news correspondent, Today Show and Tomorrow, NBC, 1980--.
- senior correspondent, Entertainment Tonight, syndicated, 1981.
- Credits; SPECIALS
- Rona Looks at the Oscars, 1972.
- Rona Looks at Raquel, Liza, Cher, and Ann-Margret, 1975.
- Rona Looks at James Caan, Michael Caine, Elliot Gould, and Burt Reynolds,1976.
- Credits; EPISODIC
- As herself, Moonlighting, ABC, 1987.
- Guest host, Larry King Show, CNN, 1987.
- The Love-Maniacs (novel), Nash, 1972.
- Miss Rona (autobiography), Nash, 1974.
- Columnist: Rona Barrett's Young Hollywood, syndicated 1957; Motion Picture magazine, 1960; syndicated columnist with the North American Newspaper Alliance, 1961-64.
- Also, publisher of Rona Barrett's Hollywood, 1969, and Rona Barrett's Gossip; publisher and executive editor, The Rona Barrett Report (a newsletter),1985--.