Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Henry Winkler to Paul Zaza
Tunc Yalman Biography (1925-)
First name pronounced "Toonch;" born September 9, 1925, in Istanbul; son of A. Emin (an editor and publisher) and Rezzan (a writer; maiden name, Korle) Yalman. Addresses: OFFICE--North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem, NC, 27107.
- Birth Details
- September 9, 1925
- Istanbul, Turkey
- STAGE DEBUT--Eilert Lovborg, Hedda Gabler (also directed), Dormen Theatre, Istanbul, Turkey.
Credits; NEW YORK DEBUT; DIRECTOR
- The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald, ANTA, 1967.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Arms and the Man, Dormen, Istanbul.
- Coriolanus, Timon of Athens, The Women, Roots, Both Your Houses, The Mayor of Zalamea, The Winslow Boy, all Municipal Theatre, Istanbul, 1959-66.
- Electra, Medea, A Doll's House, The Skin of Our Teeth, Design for Living,The Lesson and The Chairs, Oh Pioneers, all Milwaukee Repertory, 1966-71.
- Stuck, The Executioners, A Disturbance of Mirrors, all O'Neill Theatre Center, 1972.
- The Liar, Cleveland Playhouse, 1972.
- A Conflict of Interest, Urgent Theatre, NY, 1973.
- Joe Egg, The Trial of the Catonsville Nine, both American Conservatory Theatre, Seattle, 1973-74.
- Young Osman, International Arts Festival, Istanbul, 1973.
- Entertaining Mr. Sloane, Urgent Theatre, NY, 1974.
- The Devil's General, Asolo Theatre, 1974.
- In the Well of the House, Missouri Repertory, 1974.
- Misalliance, Loeb Theatre, 1975.
- Othello, National Theatre of Turkey, 1978.
- Ghosts, Playmakers Repertory Company, NC, 1979.
- Hedda Gabler, Monomoy Theatre, Cape Cod, 1980.
- Queen After Death, Angiers Festival, France.
- The Duchess of Malfi, The Lower Depths, The Bald Soprano, The Chairs, allUniversity of Washington.
- The Three Sisters, The Man of Mode, The Provoked Wife, A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Merchant of Venice, Tartuffe, The Willard Case, all North Carolina School of the Arts.
- Modigliani, Istanbul City Theatre, 1985.
- The Country Girl, Trinity Square Repertory Company, 1985.
- A Ball for the Imaginative, Yale University, and off Broadway, 1949.
- The Myrmidons, Yale University, 1950.
- The Liar (adapted from Goldoni), 1971.
Other articles you might like: