Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Henry Winkler to Paul Zaza
John Wylie Biography (1925-)
Born December 14, 1925, in Peacock, TX. Addresses: AGENT--Bret Adams,Ltd., 448 W. 44th Street, New York, NY 10036.
Favorite roles: Sheridan Whiteside in The Man Who Came to Dinner.
- Birth Details
- December 14, 1925
- Peacock, Texas, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Mr. Dussel, The Diary of Anne Frank, Hudson Guild Theatre, New York City,1976.
- Sheridan Whiteside, The Man Who Came to Dinner, Alaska Repertory Theatre,Anchorage, AK, 1981.
- title role, King Lear, Antonio, Much Ado about Nothing, and Player King and Ghost, Hamlet, all Folger Theatre, Washington, DC, 1984-85.
- Friar Thomas, Measure for Measure, New York Shakespeare Festival, Delacorte Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- Danforth, The Crucible, Philadelphia Drama Guild, Philadelphia, PA, 1986.
- Sam, The Lucky Spot, Manhattan Theatre Club, New York City, 1987.
- Senator Norval Hedges, Born Yesterday, 46th Street Theatre, New York City, 1989.
- Also appeared in The Seagull, Alley Theatre, Houston, TX, 1967; The Man Who Came to Dinner, Mummers Theatre, Oklahoma City, OK, 1971; Summer, KennedyCenter for the Performing Arts, Washington, DC, 1974; The Real Inspector Hound, Center Stage, Baltimore, MD, 1975; Sherlock Holmes, Repertory Company of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1975; The Last Meeting of theKnights of the White Magnolia, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Seattle, WA, 1975;The Spelling Bee, Playwrights Horizons, New York City, 1976; Oliver!, A Monthin the Country, and Heartbreak House, all Playhouse in the Park, Cincinnati,OH, 1976-77; The Caucasian Chalk Circle, Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1977;Compulsion, Buried Child, The Gin Game, andA Life in the Theatre, all Playhouse in the Park, 1980-81; Death Defying Acts, Long Island Stage, Rockville Centre, NY, 1986; The Boys Next Door, Lamb's Theatre, New York City, 1987; Harpagon, The Miser.
- Shylock, The Merchant of Venice; and with the Alley Theatre, 1965-67, 1968-69, and 1985-86; Actors Theatre of Louisville, Louisville, KY, 1972-73; Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1978-79; and the Folger Theatre, 1982-83 and 1985-86.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Associate director, Alley Theatre, Houston, TX, 1966-67.
- associate artistic director, Mummers Theatre, Oklahoma City, OK, 1970-71,then artistic director, 1971-72.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Drumm, Da, U.S. and Canadian cities, 1979-80.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Waiter in club, Hanky-Panky, Columbia, 1982.
- accountant, Fletch Lives, Universal, 1989.
- PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MINI-SERIES The Adams Chronicles, PBS,1976.
- Hothouse, ABC, 1988.
- Florist, Daddy, I Don't Like It Like This, CBS, 1978.
- Also appeared in The Grimke Sisters.
Other articles you might like: