Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jim Carter to Tom Clark
Marvin Channing Biography (1944-)
Born August 11, 1944, in New York, NY; son of Harry (a laborer) and Emma (Charn) Channing; married Arline Rita Kallem (a teacher), August 21, 1965. Addresses: HOME--105-15 66th Road, Forest Hills, NY 11375.
Marvin Channing told CTFT that the motivation in his career is "love of performing--hopefully to make the world a slightly better place."
- Birth Details
- August 11, 1944
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Barney, Caine Mutiny Court Martial, Show Boat Theatre.
- Steve Purcell, Eagle in a Cage, No Smoking Playhouse, New York City.
- Milt, Luv and Oscar, The Odd Couple, both St. Petersburg Dinner Theatre.
- Arthur, The 75th, Will, Hopscotch, and Peter, The Zoo Story, all Center Stage Theatre.
- Doctor Bessner, Murder on the Nile, National Theatre.
- Grigory Smirnov, The Brute, Royal Court Repertory.
- Joel Kane, Barbara & Ruth, West End (London) production.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Carl Goldstein, The Shohet, five state tour.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Homicide detective, Still of the Night, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1982.
- Broadway backer, Author! Author!, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1982.
- waiter, Tootsie, Columbia, 1982.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Patient, Nurse, CBS.
Credits; PRINCIPAL RADIO WORK
- Marv Channing Show, WPAC.
- Music in the Night, WILI.
- 1360 Club, WWBZ.
- Here's Channing, WKAL.
- Eagle in a Cage.
- Chief writer, Red Circle Publications.
Other articles you might like: