Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
Melissa Mathison Biography (c. 1950-)
Born c. 1950; daughter of Richard Mathison (a journalist); mother, a homemaker; married Harrison Ford (an actor), 1983; children: Malcolm, Georgia. Addresses: Home--Jackson Hole, WY. Agent--David O'Connor, Creative Artists,9830 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90212-1825.
Credits; Film Work
- Associate producer, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Universal, 1982.
- Worked as assistant to Francis Ford Coppola, The Godfather Part II, 1974.Also worked on Apocalypse Now, 1979.
- (With Jeanne Rosenberg and William Wittliff) The Black Stallion (based onthe novel by Walter Farley), United Artists, 1979.
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Universal, 1982.
- (With Stephen Zito) The Escape Artist (based on a novel by David Wagoner), Orion/Warner Bros., 1982.
- The Indian in the Cupboard (based on the novel by Lynne Reid Banks), Paramount, 1995.
- Kundun, Touchstone, 1997.
Writings; For Television
- Son of the Morning Star: Custer and the Little Big Horn (miniseries; based on the book by Evan S. Connell), ABC, 1991.
- Good Housekeeping, August, 1995, p. 24.
- People, July 24, 1995, p. 14.
Other articles you might like: