Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Klugman to Michael Lantieri
Michael Kustow Biography (1939-)
Born November 18, 1939, in London, England; son of Marcus and Sarah (Cohen) Kustow; married Elisabeth Leigh (divorced); married Orna Spector. Addresses: HOME--84 Etheldene Avenue, London N10, England.
- Birth Details
- November 18, 1939
- London, England
- STAGE DEBUT--Duc de Buckingham, Les Trois Mousquetaires, Theatre NationalPopulaire, 1960.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Edward II, Theatre National Populaire.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Assistant director, Schweyk in World War II, Theatre Nationale Populaire.
- director, Punch and Judas (street pageant), Trafalgar Square, London, 1962.
- director, Has Washington Legs?, American Repertory Theatre, Cambridge, MA, 1981.
- Also directed The Soldier's Tale, 1980; I Wonder, Institute of Contemporary Arts Theatre, London; plays of Bertolt Brecht, Ted Hughes, Philip Larkin,Robert Lowell, Groucho Marx, Harold Pinter, Frederick Raphael, Woody Allen, Vaclav Havel, Peter Handke, Iris Murdoch, and a performance of the sonnets ofShakespeare, all with the National Theatre, London.
- (With Adrian Mitchell) Punch and Judas, Trafalgar Square, London, 1962.
- (with Adrian Henry) I Wonder, Institute of Contemporary Arts Theatre, London.
- (adaptor) Anatol, National Theatre, London, 1979.
- (With Denis Cannan and Michael Scott) Tell Me Lies, Continental Distributing, 1968.
- Tank (autobiographical fiction), Jonathan Cape, 1975.
- One in Four (autobiographical chronicle of a year in arts television), Chatto and Windus, 1987.
Other articles you might like: