Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Amy Saltz to David Selby
Robert Schenkkan Biography (1953-)
Surname rhymes with "bank in"; full name, Robert Frederic Schenkkan, Jr.; born March 19, 1953, in Chapel Hill, NC; son of Robert Frederic (a public television executive) and Jean (McKenzie) Schenkkan; married Mary Anne Dorward (anactress), December 1, 1984. Addresses: AGENT--The Agency, 10351 SantaMonica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025.
- Birth Details
- March 19, 1953
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Captain Tim, Tobacco Road, Chicago, 1975, for thirty performances.
- OFF-BROADWAY DEBUT--Wayne Blossom, Jr., Last Days at the Dixie Girl Cafe,Theatre Four, 1979.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Off-Broadway: Lucentio, The Taming of the Shrew, Equity Library Theatre,New York City, 1977.
- G.R. Point, Playhouse Theatre, New York City, 1979.
- understudy, Key Exchange, Orpheum Theatre, New York City, 1981.
- Sebastian, The Midnight Visitor, St. Peter's Hall, New York City, 1981.
- Reverend David Marshall Lee, The Foreigner, Astor Place Theatre, New YorkCity, 1984-85.
- Also appeared in Henry V and New Jerusalem, both at the New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, New York City; The Knack, Roundabout Theatre, New York City; Cash and Fog, both in the Marathon Series, Ensemble Studio Theatre, New York City; The Passion of Dracula, Cherry Lane Theatre, New York City.
- Write Me a Murder, Studio Arena Theatre, Buffalo, NY, 1981.
- A Full Length Portrait of America and SWOP, both at the Actors Theatre ofLouisville, KY, 1981.
- Appeared with the Actors Theatre of Louisville, 1982-83.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream and All the Way Home, both at the Kenyon Theatre Festival, OH.
- Tobacco Road, Academy Festival Theatre.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Father Brown, Detective, NBC, 1979.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MOVIES
- Murder in Cowetta County, CBS, 1980.
- MINI-SERIES George Washington, CBS, 1983.
- Kane and Abel, CBS, 1984.
- Nutcracker, CBS, 1987.
- The Twilight Zone, CBS.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Act of Vengeance (also known as Rape Squad), 1974.
- Sweet Liberty, Universal, 1986.
- The Manhattan Project, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1986.
- Bedroom Window, DEG, 1987.
- Also Chain Letters; Amazing Grace and Chuck.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED Derelict, Studio Arena Theatre, Buffalo, NY, 1982.
- Final Passages, Studio Arena, Buffalo, also produced in Miami, Philadelphia, Tacoma, WA, Colorado Springs, CO, published by Theatre Communications Group.
- The Survivalist, one-act, Actors Theatre of Louisville, also produced atthe Dumaurion Festival, Canada, Edinburgh Festival, Scotland, and in the Marathon Series of the Ensemble Studio Theatre, New York City.
- Also Intermission, Lunchbreak, and Tall Tales.
- PLAYS,PUBLISHED Final Passages, published in Plays in Progress, Theatre Communications Group, New York City.