Claire Shipman Biography (1963?-)
Born c. 1963 in Columbus, OH; daughter of Morgan (a law professor at Ohio State University) and Christie Shipman; married Steve Hurst (a journalist), 1991(divorced); married Jay Carney (a journalist); children: (second marriage) Hugo James. Addresses: Contact: P.O. Box 11669, Knoxville, TN 37939-1669.
- Journalist, news correspondent
- Birth Details
- Columbus, Ohio, United States
- Television Appearances
- Correspondent, Today (also known as NBC News Today and The Today Show), NBC, 1997-2001
- White House correspondent, NBC Nightly News, NBC, 1997-2001
- Senior national correspondent, Good Morning America, ABC, 2001-?
- Substitute news anchor, World News Tonight, ABC, 2001-?
- Radio Appearances
- Regularly appeared on radio talk show, Imus in the Morning.
- Film Appearances
- Herself, Contact, 1997
- Herself, The Press Secretary, 2001
- Author of a column in George for two years.