Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ned Glass to Jane Greenwood
Joanne Green Biography (1955-)
Addresses: Home: 39 Charles Street, New York, NY, 10014; Office: 117 E. 69th Street, New York, NY, 10021.
Joanne Green has served as millinery, assistant through Brooks Van Horn to the Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus, and with Eaves Costume Companyshe worked on the Reno Floorshow at the MGM Grand Hotel and did the millinery work for Blackstone the Magician's national tour. For Henson Associates, she has designed the displays and served as a stylist for The Art of theMuppets touring museum show.
- puppet designer, milliner, costume designer
- Birth Details
- June 16, 1955
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Principal Stage Work
- millinery and costume crafts--Annie, NY; Sugar Babies, NY;Evita, NY; A Chorus Line, NY; On the Twentieth Century,NY; Spotlight, NY; Sweeney Todd, NY; The Little Prince and the Aviator, NY; Grand Magic, Manhattan Theatre Club, NY; Eccentricities of a Nightingale, Playwrights Horizons, NY; Othello, Juilliard School, NY; A Midsummer Night's Dream, Folger Theatre, Washington, DC; Center Stage, Baltimore, MD, 1976-77 season; Santa Fe Opera, ten operas, 1977-78; Opera Theatre of St. Louis, five operas, 1978; Spoleto Festival, USA, three operas, 1979; ballet--Half Time, Eliot Feld Ballet; Munich Ballet, 1978.
Principal Film Work
- (Puppet design, millinery and costume crafts) The Great Muppet Caper, Henson Associates, 1980; The Dark Crystal, Henson Associates, 1980-81; (specialty design) The Wiz, millinery, 1977; All That Jazz, 1979.
Principal Television Work
- puppet design, millinery, costume crafts--The Muppet Show, HensonAssociates, 1979-80; Sesame Street, Henson Associates, 1979-82; Fraggle Rock, Henson Associates, 1982; Bartleby the Scrivener, millinery/costume crafts, 1977; La Gioconda, millinery, 1979.
- Costume and millinery work, Brooks Van Horn and Eaves Costumes; assistantto Woody Shelp at Barbara Matera Ltd., two years; staff designer, Henson Associates, 1979-present.
Other articles you might like: