Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Holly Fulger to Joanna McClelland Glass
John Gale Biography (1929-)
Born August 2, 1929, in Chigwell, Essex, England; son of Frank Haith and Martha Edith (Evans) Gale; married Liselotte Ann Wratten; children: two sons. Addresses: OFFICE--The Strand Theatre, Aldwych, London WC2, England.
- Birth Details
- August 2, 1929
- Chigwell, Essex, England
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Producer, Inherit the Wind, St. Martin's Theatre, London, 1960.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Producer (all West End, London productions): Candida, 1960.
- On the Brighter Side and Caesar and Cleopatra, both 1961.
- Boeing-Boeing and Big Fish, Little Fish, both 1962.
- Devil May Care, Windfall, Where Angels Fear to Tread, and The Wings of aDove, all 1963.
- Amber for Anna, The Easter Man, Boeing-Boeing, and Present Laughter, all1964.
- Maigret and the Lady and The Platinum Cat, both 1965.
- The Sacred Flame and An Evening with George Bernard Shaw, both 1966.
- Minor Murder and A Woman of No Importance, both 1967.
- The Secretary Bird and Dear Charles, both 1968.
- Highly Confidential, The Young Churchill, and The Lionel Touch, all 1969.
- Abelard and Heloise, 1970.
- No Sex Please, We're British, 1971.
- Lloyd George Knew My Father, The Mating Game, and Parents' Day, all 1972.
- At the End of the Day, Spring, and Betzi, all 1975.
- Out on a Limb, 1976.
- Separate Tables, The Kingfisher, Sextet, Cause Celebre, and Shut Your Eyes and Think of England, all 1977.
- Murder Among Friends, 1978.
- Under the Greenwood Tree, Can You Hear Me at the Back?, Happy Birthday, and Middle Age Spread, 1979.
Other articles you might like: