Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Johnny Brandon to Ric Burns
Kermit Brown Biography (1939-)
Full name, Kermit E. Brown, Jr.; born February 3, 1939 (one source says 1937), in Asheville, NC; son of Kermit English (a doctor) and Rosalind (Read) Brown.
- Birth Details
- February 3, 1939
- Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- Radical, Winterset, The American Revival Company, Jan Hus Playhouse, NewYork City, 1966.
- (New York debut) Bank Manager, Pantagleize, APA Phoenix Repertory Company, Lyceum Theatre, 1967.
- John-Paul, The Death of the Well-Loved Boy, St. Mark's Playhouse, New York City, 1967.
- Soldier, peasant, and servant, War and Peace, APA Phoenix Repertory Company, Lyceum Theatre, 1967.
- Station Master, The Cherry Orchard, APA Phoenix Repertory Company, LyceumTheatre, 1968.
- Man, The Millionairess, Sheridan Square Playhouse, New York City, 1969.
- Sebastian, The Tempest, Center Stage, Baltimore, MD, 1969-70.
- Arthur Harris, "Things," Four Americans, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Chelsea Theater Center, New York City, 1971.
- Mr. Gallogher, The Shadow of a Gunman, Sheridan Square Playhouse, 1972.
- Orgon, Tartuffe, Great Lakes Shakespeare Festival, Lakewood, OH, 1973.
- Randall Utterword, Heartbreak House, Equity Library Theatre, New York City, 1976.
- Dr. Muncie, The Laboratory, The Cubiculo Theatre, New York City, 1977.
- Gus, Glad Tidings, Equity Library Theatre, 1977.
- Cecil, Elizabeth the Queen, Studio Arena Theatre, Buffalo, NY, 1977.
- Jeremiah Sant, Hadrian VII, York Players Company, Church of the HeavenlyRest Theatre, New York City, 1980.
- Praed, Mrs. Warren's Profession, Virginia Stage Company, Norfolk, VA, 1981.
- Carr Gomm, The Elephant Man, Alaska Repertory Theatre, Anchorage, AK, 1981.
- Godalming, The Passion of Dracula, GeVa Theatre, Rochester, NY, 1982.
- Tony Greeves, The Arcata Promise, No Smoking Playhouse, New York City, 1982.
- Mayor, The Enchanted, York Theatre Company, Church of the Heavenly Rest Theatre, 1982.
- Peter Quince, A Midsummer Night's Dream, York Theatre Company, Church ofthe Heavenly Rest Theatre, 1983.
- Harry, Home, York Theatre Company, Church of the Heavenly Rest Theatre, 1985.
- Also appeared in The Rivals, Playwrights Horizons, New York City, 1976; Facade, York Players Company, Church of the Heavenly Rest Theatre, 1981; and The Dining Room, Plaza Theatre, Dallas, TX, 1984.
- Appeared as Mr. Ford, The Merry Wives of Windsor; Leonato, Much Ado AboutNothing; Player King, Hamlet; Oswald, King Lear; Nicola, Arms and the Man; Nonancourt, The Italian Straw Hat; Hastings, Richard III; Sir Andrew Aguecheek, Twelfth Night; Father Tim, Mass Appeal; Tranio, The Taming of the Shrew; Casca, Julius Caesar; Roderigo, Othello; and Teleygin, Uncle Vanya; all at theAlabama Shakespeare Festival, Montgomery, AL, and at the Great Lakes Shakespeare Festival, Buffalo, NY. Appeared as Peter, The Zoo Story; Besinger, The Front Page; player, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead; Peterbono, Thieves Carnival; George, That Championship Season; and Jimmy, The Gingerbread Lady; all at The Court Theatre. Appeared as Mr. Rogers, The Show-Off, and in Man andSuperman and Judith, allAPA Phoenix Repertory Company, Lyceum Theatre. Alsoappeared as Detmold, Anyone Can Whistle, and Cromwell, A Man for All Seasons,both York Theatre Company; appeared as Geoffrey Thornton, The Dresser, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, Cincinnati, OH; Charles, Blithe Spirit, Limestone Valley Dinner Theatre; Jacques, Pajama Tops, Beef'n Boards, Dinner Theatre;Joshua, Ring Round the Moon, Hartford Stage Company; Harry Dalton, Equus, Buffalo Studio Arena Theatre, Buffalo, NY; Diamond Louis, The Front Page; and in Lulu.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Toured as Lawyer Craven in Sly Fox, Fred in Present Laughter, and Henderson in You Can't Take It with You.
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Appeared in Without a Trace, Daniel, and Nighthawks.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Appeared on The Edge of Night and Kojak.
Credits; OTHER TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Appeared on After the Fall (play).
Other articles you might like: