Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
James Newton Howard to Kevin Jarre
Lonne Elder III Biography (1931-)
Born December 26, 1931, in Americus, GA; son of Lonne II and Quincy Elder; married Judith Ann Johnson (an actress), February 14, 1969; children: two sons.Addresses: AGENT--Bart/Levy Associates, 280 S. Beverly Drive, BeverlyHills, CA 90212.
- Birth Details
- December 26, 1931
- Americus, Georgia, United States
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Bobo, A Raisin in the Sun, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, 1959.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Clem, Day of Absence, St. Mark's Playhouse, New York City, 1965.
- Also appeared with Brett Warren's Actors' Mobile Theatre, during the 1950s.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Bobo, A Raisin in the Sun, U.S. cities, 1960-61.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Lieutenant Daniels, Melinda, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1972.
- Ceremonies in Dark Old Men, Wagner College, Staten Island, NY, 1965, thenrevised version, St. Mark's Playhouse, later Pocket Theatre, both New York City, 1969, published by Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1969.
- Charades on East Fourth Street, Expo '67, Montreal, PQ, Canada, 1967, published in Black Drama Anthology, New American Library, 1971.
- Also wrote A Hysterical Turtle in a Rabbit Race, 1961; Kissing Rattlesnakes Can be Fun, 1966; Seven Comes Up, Seven Comes Down, 1966.
- Melinda, MGM, 1972.
- Sounder, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1972.
- Sounder, Part 2, Gamma III, 1976.
- Bustin' Loose, Universal, 1981.
- Camera Three, CBS, 1963.
- N.Y.P.D., ABC, 1967-68.
- McCloud, NBC, 1970-71.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill, NBC, 1982.
- The Terrible Veil, NBC, 1963.
- Ceremonies in Dark Old Men, ABC, 1975.
- A Woman Called Moses, NBC, 1978.
- Also Deadly Circle of Violence, 1964.
- Contributor of articles to journals, periodicals, and magazines.
Other articles you might like: