Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Melissa Errico to Colleen Fitzpatrick
Michael Feingold Biography (1945-)
Born May 5, 1945, in Chicago, IL; son of Bernard C. and Elsie Feingold. Addresses: HOME--749 West End Avenue, New York, NY 10025. AGENT--Helen Merrill, 361 W. 17th Street, New York, NY 10011.
- Birth Details
- May 5, 1945
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Two-Part Inventions, Circle Repertory, NY, 1976, then Goodman Theatre, Chicago, IL, 1979.
- Speakeasy: An Evening Out with Dorothy Parker, American Place Theatre, NY, 1983.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Director, "Happy End" (play), America's Musical Theatre, PBS, 1986.
- Lyrics of Kurt Weill Songs sung by: Estelle Parsons, Ellen Burstyn, TammyGrimes, and Paula Laurence.
- PLAYS,TRANSLATIONS When We Dead Awaken (by Henrik Ibsen), 1971.
- Happy End (by Bertolt Brecht and Elisabeth Hauptmann), Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn, then Martin Beck Theatre, NY, 1972, also at Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1985.
- The Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny (opera libretto by Bertolt Brecht), 1974.
- The Bourgeois Gentleman (play by Moliere), 1974.
- Rameau's Nephew (play by Diderot), 1976.
- Force of Habit (play by Thomas Bernhard), 1976.
- The Pretenders, Guthrie, Minneapolis, MN, 1977.
- Lulu (by Wedekind), American Repertory Theatre, Cambridge, MA, 1983.
- Roundheads and Pointheads (play by Brecht), Classic Theatre, NY, 1985.
- Also opera librettos with music by Offenbach and Donizetti.
- Times and Appetites of Toulouse-Lautrec, American Place Theatre, NY, 1985.
- For the Village Voice, New York, since 1970.
Other articles you might like: