Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Maurice Jarre to Lawrence N. Kasha
Paul Jones Biography (1942-)
Born Paul Pond, February 24, 1942, in Portsmouth, England; son of Norman Henry and Amelia Josephine (Hadfield) Pond; married Sheila MacLeod (a singer). Addresses: AGENT--c/o Michael Linnit, Globe Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue,London W1, England.
- Birth Details
- February 24, 1942
- Portsmouth, England
- STAGE DEBUT--John Argue, Muzeeka, Open Space Theatre, 1969.
- LONDON DEBUT--Second Lieutenant Arthur Drake, Conduct Unbecoming, Queen'sTheatre, 1969.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Second Lieutenant Arthur Drake, Conduct Unbecoming, EthelBarrymore Theatre, 1970.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Noel Parker, The Banana Box, Hampstead Theatre Club, then Apollo Theatre,both London, 1973.
- title role, Pippin, Her Majesty's Theatre, London, 1973.
- Orestes, You Were So Sweet When You Were Little, Theatre at the New End,London, 1974.
- Edmund, King Lear, Trench, Widower's Houses, both Belgrade Theatre, Coventry, U.K., 1974.
- Christian, Pilgrim, Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K., then Round House Theatre, London, 1975.
- title role, Hamlet, Ludlow Festival, Ludlow, U.K., 1976.
- Cassio, Othello, Nottingham Playhouse, Nottingham, U.K., 1976.
- leading roles, In Order of Appearance, Chichester Festival, Chichester, U.K., 1977.
- Francis Drake, Drake's Dream, Shaftesbury Theatre, London, 1977.
- Joseph, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Westminster Theatre, London, 1978-79.
- Claudio, Measure for Measure, Riverside Theatre, London, 1979.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Romeo, Romeo and Juliet, with the Young Vic Theatre Company, U.K.
- cities, 1977.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Privilege, Universal, 1967.
- The Committee, Commonwealth United Entertainment, 1969.
- Also Demons of the Mind.