Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Klugman to Michael Lantieri
Pearl Lang Biography (1922-)
Addresses: Home: 382 Central Park West, New York, NY, 10025; Office: c/o American Dance Center, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY, 10036.
- dancer, choreographer, actress
- Birth Details
- May, 1922
- Chicago, Illinois
Principal Stage Appearances
- Soloist, Martha Graham Dance Company, 1944-54; featured roles in Broadwayproductions--Carousel, 1945-47; Finian's Rainbow, Solveig,Peer Gynt, ANTA.
Principal Choreography, Dance Works
Song of Deborah, Moonsung and Windsung, 1952; Legend, Rites, 1953; And Joy Is My Witness, Nightflight, 1954; Sky Chant, 1957; Persephone, 1958; Black Marigolds, 1959; Shirah, 1960; Apasionada, 1961; Broken Dialogues, 1962; Shore Bourne, 1964; Dismembered Fable, 1965; Pray for Dark Birds, 1966; Tongues of Fire, 1967; Piece for Brass, 1969; Moonways and Dark Tides, 1970; Sharjuhm, 1971; At That Point in Place and Time, 1973; The Possessed, 1974; Prairie Steps, 1975; Bach Rondelays, I Never Saw Another Butterfly, A Seder Night, Kaddish, 1977; Icarus, Cantigas Ladino, 1978; Notturno, 1980; Gypsy Ballad, Hanele the Orphan, The Tailor's Megilleh, 1981; (staged chorus), Oedipus Rex, Tanglewood Festival, 1981; Paslm and Song of Songs, 1983.
Principal Choreography, Television
Omnibus; Frontiers of Faith; Look Up and Live; ABC Directions; CBC Folio; The Dybbuk for CBC.
Principal Television Appearances
- Three Mary's, El Penitente; Emily Dickinson, Letter to theWorld, 1970; Clytemnestra, 1973; Jocasta, Night Journey forMartha Graham Dance Company.
Additional Stage Work
- codirected, Murder in the Cathedral, Stratford, CT; numerous Israel Bond programs.
- Founder, Pearl Lang Dance Company, 1953, and Pearl Lang Dance Foundation;teacher and lecturer on Dance, Yale University Faculty, 1954-68, Juilliard School of Music, NY, 1953-69, Jacob's Pillow, Connecticut College, Neighborhood Playhouse, 1963-68, also aboard in Israel, Sweden, and the Netherlands.
Other articles you might like: