Sherry Steiner Biography (1948-)
Addresses: Home: 341 S. 25th Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19103; Agent: Writers & Artists, 162 W. 56th Street, New York, NY, 10019.
"As a child growing up in the New York area, I attended both Broadway and Off-Broadway productions. To be an actress was a dream begun at 12 and continuesinto the present."
- Ophelia, Hamlet, Walnut Street Theatre, Philadelphia Drama Guild,1977.
- New York Debut
- Understudy, Ashes, Manhattan Theatre Club/Public Theatre, 1977.
- Principal Stage Appearances
- Sonia, Uncle Vanya, Philadelphia Drama Guild, 1978; Hillary, Safe House, Manhattan Theatre Club, 1978; the daughter, Catsplay, Promenade, NY, 1978; Sister Rita, The Runner Stumbles, Actor's Theatre of Louisville, KY, 1978; New Play Festival at the Actor's Theatre of Louisville, 1979; Elizabeth, Sorrows of Stephen, Public Theatre, NY, 1979; member of the acting company at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, 1979-80; Nurse/Madeleine, Piaf, Plymouth, 1980-81; Susan, Loose Ends, Alliance, Atlanta, GA, 1982; Edward/Victoria, Cloud 9, Theatre de Lys, NY, 1982-83; member of the People's Light & Theatre Company, Malvern, PA, 1984.
- Film Debut
- Blind girl, The Asylum of Satan, 1971.
- Principal Film Appearances
- Sherry, Three on a Meathook, 1972; Lost Girl, The Devil's Express; Victim, The Demon.
- Television Debut
- Psychiatrist, Ryan's Hope.