Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jack Dabdoub to Anthony John Denison
T. Daniel Biography (1945-)
Addresses: Home: 1047 Gage St., Winnetka, IL, 60093.
Mr. Daniel served as special consultant on movement for animated film for DonBluth Productions, Los Angeles, 1981; he has toured United States and Europefor 11 years in A World of Mime, and has written two unpublished works for children, Smiles and Fantasmia.
- performer, creator, producer of mime
- Birth Details
- August 23, 1945
- Evergreen Park, Illinois
First Stage Work
- As a magician, age 7.
- Mime, A World of Mime, Festival Playhouse, Wilmette, IL, 1971.
Principal Works Produced
- Mimes--Collage of Mime, The Body, Sawing a Woman in Half, Death, Listen to Your Heartbeat, Bureaucrats, Wait, 1812 Overture, Sun's Day, The Magician, The Date, White Bird, Public Speaker, The Plant, The Bike, Photo Album, The Clown, Haunted House, The Museum, Wandering thru a Forest, Treasure Hunt, Ex Machina, Circus of Mime, The Ball, The Trap, Starlight, Morning, Mysteries of the Orb, Shadows of a Mind, Between the Hand and the Self, A World ofMime, Smiles, Fantasmia.
Principal Works Created or Choreographed
The Bike, 1966; Sawing a Woman in Half, 1968; The Body,1812 Overture, White Bird, Public Speaker, 1970; Sun's Day, Wait,The Date, 1972; Photo Album, The Clown, The Museum, 1973; Wandering thru a Forest, Ex Machina, Bull on the Roof, Four Seasons, History of aSoldier, The Ball, 1974; Peter and the Wolf, 1976; Sorcerer's Apprentice, Musicians of Bremen, 1977; The Magic Medal (The Comedians), Nightrides and Sunrise, Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Night on Bald Mountain), 1978; Between the Hand and the Self, Morning, Starlight, Mysteries of the Orb, 1980; Shadows of a Mind, 1982; Carnival of the Animals, 1983.
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Chicago; Indiana Chamber Orchestra, Fort Wayne, IN; Milwaukee Summerfest, Milwaukee; Columbia Museum of Art, Columbus, SC;Art Institute of Chicago; University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR; Universidad Catolica de Puerto Rico, Ponce, PR; Quincy Fine Arts Society, Quincy, IL;University of New Brunswick, Fredrickton, NB, Canada; University of Wisconsin-River Falls, WI; University of Minnesota, Morris; University of Minnesota, Duluth; Quincy Symphony Orchestra, Quincy, IL; Culver-Stockton College, Canton, MO; College of Holy Cross, Worcester, MA; Mountain View College, Dallas, TX; Lamar University, Beaumont, TX; Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX; West Texas University, Canyon, TX; Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI; Theatre am Hechtplatz, Zurich; Iowa State University, Ames, IA; State University of New York, NYC; Art Park, Lewiston, NY; Niavaran Cultural Center, Tehran, Iran; Mary Washington College, Fredricksburg, VA; Centro Cultural de la Ville, Madrid, Spain; Instituto de Estudios Norte Americanos, Barcelona, Spain; Ljubljana Festival, Ljubljana, Austria; Spectrum Theatre Festival, Villach, Austria; Vienna Festival, Vienna, Austria; Minnesota Symphony Orchestra, Minneapolis; Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Atlanta; Omaha Symphony Orchestra, Omaha, NE; Grand Brown Opera House, Concordia, KS; Occidental College,Los Angeles; Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL; Drake Theatre, Barat College, Lake Forest, IL; Ravinia Festival, Highland Park, IL; Bemdji State University, Bemdji, MN; St. Cloud University, St. Cloud, MN; Istanbul Festival, Istanbul, Turkey; Eastern New Mexico University, Portales, NM.
- Instructor of mime, Kendall College, Evanston, IL, 1972; special instructor, Ruth Page Foundation for the Dance and School of the Chicago Ballet, 1974; instructor and creator of program in mime, South High School, Park Ridge IL, 1974-76; instructor of movement, Art Institute of Chicago, 1975-76; T. Daniels studio of Mime, Winnetka, IL, 1976-80;
Other articles you might like: