Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jules Tasca to Sam Trammell
Janine Tesori Biography ((?)-)
Born on Long Island, NY; father, a doctor; married Michael Rafter; children:Siena (daughter).
- Composer, arranger, conductor
- Dance music arranger, How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying (musical), 1995-1996
- Dance music arranger, Dream (musical revue; also known as Dream: The Johnny Mercer Musical), Royale Theatre, New York City, 1997
- Dance and vocal music arranger, Violet, Playwrights Horizons Theatre, New York City, 1997, then Contemporary Theatre, Seattle, WA, 2000, laterLos Angeles
- Arranger of dance and incidental music, The Sound of Music (musical), Martin Beck Theatre, New York City, 1998-1999
- Music arranger, Swing! (musical revue), 1999-2001
- Vocal music arranger, Thoroughly Modern Millie (musical), MarquisTheatre, New York City, 2002
- Also conductor for Broadway musicals, including The Secret Gardenand Tommy.
Composer for the Stage
Violet, libretto by Brian Crawley, Playwrights Horizons Theatre, New York City, 1997, then Contemporary Theatre, Seattle, WA, 2000, later Los Angeles
- Incidental music, Twelfth Night, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, LincolnCenter, New York City, 1998
- Dance and incidental music, The Sound of Music (musical), Martin Beck Theatre, New York City, 1998-1999
Thoroughly Modern Millie (musical), book and lyrics by Dick Scanlan, Marquis Theatre, New York City, 2002
Boston Sings Tesori (cabaret performance), Boston, MA, 2002
- Incidental music, William Shakespeare's Twelfth Night (special), PBS, 1998
- Theme music, "Hold On," Kristin (series), NBC, 2001
- Composer of the song "The Girl in 14G" for the album Let Yourself Go by Kristin Chenoweth.
- Original cast recordings of Tesori's music have been released as the albums Violet, 1999, and Twelfth Night, 2000.
Playbill, July 31, 2002, p. 11
Other articles you might like: