Janine Tesori Biography ((?)-)
Born on Long Island, NY; father, a doctor; married Michael Rafter; children:Siena (daughter).
- Composer, arranger, conductor
- Stage Work
- Dance music arranger, How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying (musical), 1995-1996
- Dance music arranger, Dream (musical revue; also known as Dream: The Johnny Mercer Musical), Royale Theatre, New York City, 1997
- Dance and vocal music arranger, Violet, Playwrights Horizons Theatre, New York City, 1997, then Contemporary Theatre, Seattle, WA, 2000, laterLos Angeles
- Arranger of dance and incidental music, The Sound of Music (musical), Martin Beck Theatre, New York City, 1998-1999
- Music arranger, Swing! (musical revue), 1999-2001
- Vocal music arranger, Thoroughly Modern Millie (musical), MarquisTheatre, New York City, 2002
- Also conductor for Broadway musicals, including The Secret Gardenand Tommy.
- Composer for the Stage
- Violet, libretto by Brian Crawley, Playwrights Horizons Theatre, New York City, 1997, then Contemporary Theatre, Seattle, WA, 2000, later Los Angeles
- Incidental music, Twelfth Night, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, LincolnCenter, New York City, 1998
- Dance and incidental music, The Sound of Music (musical), Martin Beck Theatre, New York City, 1998-1999
- Thoroughly Modern Millie (musical), book and lyrics by Dick Scanlan, Marquis Theatre, New York City, 2002
- Boston Sings Tesori (cabaret performance), Boston, MA, 2002
- Television Music
- Incidental music, William Shakespeare's Twelfth Night (special), PBS, 1998
- Theme music, "Hold On," Kristin (series), NBC, 2001
- Composer of the song "The Girl in 14G" for the album Let Yourself Go by Kristin Chenoweth.
- Original cast recordings of Tesori's music have been released as the albums Violet, 1999, and Twelfth Night, 2000.
- Playbill, July 31, 2002, p. 11