John Gavin Biography (1932-)
Born April 8, 1932, in Los Angeles, CA; son of Herald Ray and Delia Diana (Pablos); married Constance Towers (the actress), 1974; children: Cristina Miles, Maria Della, Maureen Ardath, Michael Ford. Addresses: OFFICE--Box 961 Beverly Hills, CA 90213; U.S. Embassy, Box 3087, Laredo, TX 78041.
Gavin has spent over two decades in government service, first as special advisor to the secretary general of the Organization of American States, from 1961-74 and since 1981 as ambassador to Mexico. Gavin is president of Gamma Services Corp., 1968-present.
- Birth Details
- April 8, 1932
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Seesaw, 1973.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- A Time to Love and a Time to Die, Universal, 1958.
- Imitation of Life, Universal, 1959.
- Spartacus, Universal, 1960.
- A Breath of Scandal, Paramount, 1960.
- Psycho, Paramount, 1960.
- Midnight Lace, Universal, 1960.
- Romanoff and Juliet, Universal, 1961.
- Tammy, Tell Me True, Universal, 1961.
- Back Street, Universal, 1961.
- Thoroughly Modern Millie, Universal, 1967.
- Madwoman of Chaillot, Warner Brothers, 1969.