Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ruby R. Levitt to Eric Lutes
Sam Lloyd, Sr. Biography (1925-)
Born September 8, 1925, in New York, NY; father, a lawyer; mother, a singer;brother of Christopher Lloyd (an actor); married second wife, Barbara (an actress), 1981; children: Samuel (an actor) and a daughter. Addresses: Office: c/o Weston Playhouse Theatre Company, 703 Main St., Weston, VT 05161.
- Birth Details
- September 8, 1925
- New York, New York, United States
Blithe Spirit, Weston Playhouse, Weston, VT, 1952
The Tender Trap, Weston Playhouse, 1956
Philoctetes, American National Theatre and Academy, Lucille LortelTheatre, New York City, 1959
- Abrams, A Cook for Mr. General, Playhouse Theatre, New York City,1961
- Brown ant, Under the Sycamore Tree, Cricket Theatre, New York City, 1963
Sherlock Holmes, 1990
- Dimas, The Triumph of Love, Weston Playhouse, 2002
- M. Loyal, Tartuffe, Weston Playhouse, 2004
- Harry Trevor (Baptista), Kiss Me, Kate (musical), Summer Mainstage, Weston Playhouse, 2005
- Andrew Makepeace Ladd III, Love Letters, Caribbean Community Theatre, U.S. Virgin Islands, 2005
- Appeared in Brigadoon (musical) and The Importance of Being Earnest, both Weston Playhouse; performed in A Love Greater than 70 Bushels of Baker Potatoes: Helen and Scott Nearing in Vermont (dramatic reading), Hooker Dunham Theatre and Gallery, Brattleboro, VT; understudy, A Shotin the Dark, Broadway production.
- Toured in the solo show The Magic of Shakespeare, Vermont cities.
- The judge, Where the Rivers Flow North, Caledonia Pictures, 1994
- Meeshack Boggs, The Spitfire Grill (also known as Care of the Spitfire Grill), Columbia, 1996
- Lloyd's performance in the dramatic reading A Love Greater than 70 Bushels of Baker Potatoes: Helen and Scott Nearing in Vermont was recorded on video and released by Wild Root Arts.
Rutland Herald, July 24, 2005
Other articles you might like: