Sam Lloyd, Sr. Biography (1925-)
Born September 8, 1925, in New York, NY; father, a lawyer; mother, a singer;brother of Christopher Lloyd (an actor); married second wife, Barbara (an actress), 1981; children: Samuel (an actor) and a daughter. Addresses: Office: c/o Weston Playhouse Theatre Company, 703 Main St., Weston, VT 05161.
- Birth Details
- September 8, 1925
- New York, New York, United States
- Stage Appearances
- Blithe Spirit, Weston Playhouse, Weston, VT, 1952
- The Tender Trap, Weston Playhouse, 1956
- Philoctetes, American National Theatre and Academy, Lucille LortelTheatre, New York City, 1959
- Abrams, A Cook for Mr. General, Playhouse Theatre, New York City,1961
- Brown ant, Under the Sycamore Tree, Cricket Theatre, New York City, 1963
- Sherlock Holmes, 1990
- Dimas, The Triumph of Love, Weston Playhouse, 2002
- M. Loyal, Tartuffe, Weston Playhouse, 2004
- Harry Trevor (Baptista), Kiss Me, Kate (musical), Summer Mainstage, Weston Playhouse, 2005
- Andrew Makepeace Ladd III, Love Letters, Caribbean Community Theatre, U.S. Virgin Islands, 2005
- Appeared in Brigadoon (musical) and The Importance of Being Earnest, both Weston Playhouse; performed in A Love Greater than 70 Bushels of Baker Potatoes: Helen and Scott Nearing in Vermont (dramatic reading), Hooker Dunham Theatre and Gallery, Brattleboro, VT; understudy, A Shotin the Dark, Broadway production.
- Major Tours
- Toured in the solo show The Magic of Shakespeare, Vermont cities.
- Film Appearances
- The judge, Where the Rivers Flow North, Caledonia Pictures, 1994
- Meeshack Boggs, The Spitfire Grill (also known as Care of the Spitfire Grill), Columbia, 1996
- Lloyd's performance in the dramatic reading A Love Greater than 70 Bushels of Baker Potatoes: Helen and Scott Nearing in Vermont was recorded on video and released by Wild Root Arts.
- Rutland Herald, July 24, 2005