Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Rachel Luttrell to Robert Markowitz
Don Mankiewicz Biography (1922-)
Born January 20, 1922, in Berlin, Germany; son of Herman J. (a writer) and Sara (Aaronson) Mankiewicz; married Ilene Korsen, March 26, 1946 (divorced, 1972); married Carol Bell Guidi, July 1, 1972; children: (first marriage) Jane,John; (second marriage) Jan, Sandy. Addresses: HOME--3944 El Lado Drive, La Crescenta, CA 91214. OFFICE--Two Prospect Avenue, Sea Cliff, Long Island, NY 11579. AGENT--Harold Ober Associates, 40 E. 49th Street, New York, NY 10017.
CTFT learned that Don Mankiewicz is active in Democratic Party politics, having been a Democratic-Liberal candidate for the New York Assembly in 1952, vice-chairman of the Nassau County Democratic Committee, 1953-72, and a delegate-at-large for the New York State Constitutional Convention in 1967.
- Birth Details
- January 20, 1922
- Berlin, Germany
- (Collaboration) Fast Company, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1953.
- Trial, MGM, 1955.
- (with Nelson Gidding) I Want to Live!, United Artists, 1958.
- (collaboration) The Chapman Report, Warner Brothers, 1962.
- (collaboration) Black Bird, Columbia, 1975.
- Studio One, CBS.
- Playhouse 90, CBS.
- Kraft Television Theatre, NBC.
- Armstrong Circle Theatre, NBC.
- Profiles in Courage, NBC.
- Also On Trial and One Step Beyond.
- Ironside, NBC, 1967.
- Marcus Welby, M.D., ABC, 1968.
- Sarge: The Badge or the Cross, NBC, 1970.
- (collaboration) Lanigan's Rabbi, NBC, 1976.
- (collaboration) Rosetti and Ryan, NBC, 1977.
- See How They Run, Knopf, 1950.
- Trial, Harper, 1955.
- It Only Hurts a Minute, Putnam, 1967.
Other articles you might like: