Joan Morris Biography (1943-)
Addresses: Home: 3080 Whitmore Lake Road, Ann Arbor, MI, 48103; Agent:Mr. Lee Walter, c/o Shaw Concerts, Inc., 1995 Broadway, New York, NY, 10023.
SIDELIGHTS: With her husband, Ms. Morris has toured extensively performing American and English popular songs from the mid-nineteenth century to the present. They have concertized in Bath, England; LaRochelle, France; Stuttgart and Cologne, Germany; and Rome, Italy; other European cities are on theiragenda as well. They have recorded eleven albums for Nonesuch, Columbia, andRCA Red Seal Records.
- actress, director, singer
- Birth Details
- February 10, 1943
- Portland, Oregon
- Polly Peachum, The Threepenny Opera, Portland Civic, Portland, OR,1961.
- New York Debut
- Daughter, The Drunkard, 13th Street, 1966-67, 50 performances.
- Principal Stage Appearances
- Polly Peachum, The Beggars' Opera, Guthrie, Minneapolis, MN, 1979.
- Three Dollar Revue and Four Dollar Revue, University of Michigan Theatre Department, 1981, 1982.
- Television Debut
- The Dick Cavett Show (two evenings), 1979.
- Television Appearances
- Evening with the Boston Pops; Fascinating Rhythms (Rochester, NY,TV, WXXI), 1983.
- Theatre-Related Career
- Assistant adjunct professor, Vocal Interpretation, American Popular Songs, University of Michigan, 1981-present.
- Books Published
- Entry on Charles K. Harris, for Grove's Dictionary of American Music and Musicians. Phonograph Record Liner Notes, After the Ball and Vaudeville, both for Nonesuch Records.