Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Lynn Milgrim to Rob Morrow
Joan Morris Biography (1943-)
Addresses: Home: 3080 Whitmore Lake Road, Ann Arbor, MI, 48103; Agent:Mr. Lee Walter, c/o Shaw Concerts, Inc., 1995 Broadway, New York, NY, 10023.
SIDELIGHTS: With her husband, Ms. Morris has toured extensively performing American and English popular songs from the mid-nineteenth century to the present. They have concertized in Bath, England; LaRochelle, France; Stuttgart and Cologne, Germany; and Rome, Italy; other European cities are on theiragenda as well. They have recorded eleven albums for Nonesuch, Columbia, andRCA Red Seal Records.
- actress, director, singer
- Birth Details
- February 10, 1943
- Portland, Oregon
- Polly Peachum, The Threepenny Opera, Portland Civic, Portland, OR,1961.
New York Debut
- Daughter, The Drunkard, 13th Street, 1966-67, 50 performances.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Polly Peachum, The Beggars' Opera, Guthrie, Minneapolis, MN, 1979.
Three Dollar Revue and Four Dollar Revue, University of Michigan Theatre Department, 1981, 1982.
The Dick Cavett Show (two evenings), 1979.
Evening with the Boston Pops; Fascinating Rhythms (Rochester, NY,TV, WXXI), 1983.
- Assistant adjunct professor, Vocal Interpretation, American Popular Songs, University of Michigan, 1981-present.
- Entry on Charles K. Harris, for Grove's Dictionary of American Music and Musicians. Phonograph Record Liner Notes, After the Ball and Vaudeville, both for Nonesuch Records.