Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Holly Fulger to Joanna McClelland Glass
John Gay Biography (1924-)
Born April 1, 1924, in Whittier, CA.
- Birth Details
- April 1, 1924
- Whittier, California, United States
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- As himself, Apartment 3-C, syndicated, 1949.
- As himself, Mr. and Mrs. Mystery, CBS, 1949.
- Christophe, produced by Chelsea Theatre Group, New York City, 1965.
- Summer Voices, produced at Circle Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, 1977.
- Diversions and Delights, produced by Eugene O'Neill Theatre, New York City, 1978, and Playhouse Theatre, London, 1990.
- Run Silent, Run Deep, United Artists, 1958.
- (With Terence Rattigan) Separate Tables, United Artists, 1958.
- The Happy Thieves, United Artists, 1961.
- (With Robert Ardrey) The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1962.
- Uncredited contributor, Mutiny on the Bounty, MGM, 1962.
- The Courtship of Eddie's Father, MGM, 1963.
- The Hallelujah Trail, United Artists, 1965.
- Uncredited contributor, Texas Across the River, Universal, 1966.
- The Last Safari, Paramount, 1967.
- No Way To Treat a Lady, Paramount, 1968.
- The Power, MGM, 1968.
- Soldier Blue, AVCO/Embassy, 1970.
- Sometimes a Great Notion (also known as Never Give an Inch), Universal, 1971.
- (With Terry Malick) Pocket Money, National General, 1972.
- Hennessy, American International, 1975.
- A Matter of Time, American International, 1976.
- (With Stanley Price) Golden Rendezvous, Film Trust, 1977.
- TELEVISION MOVIES,EXCEPT WHERE NOTED Prairie Night, Kraft-TV, 1955.
- The Sentry, Kraft-TV, 1956.
- "The Day Before Atlanta," Playhouse 90, CBS, 1958.
- "Out of Dust," Playhouse 90, CBS, 1959.
- "To the Sound of Trumpets," Playhouse 90, CBS, 1960.
- All My Darling Daughters, ABC, 1972.
- My Darling Daughters' Anniversary, ABC, 1973.
- The Red Badge of Courage, NBC, 1974.
- Thing In Their Season, CBS, 1974.
- The Chadwick Family, ABC, 1974.
- Adventures of the Queen, CBS, 1975.
- The Amazing Howard Hughes, CBS, 1977.
- Captains Courageous, ABC, 1977.
- Kill Me If You Can, NBC, 1977.
- Les Miserables, CBS, 1978.
- Transplant, CBS, 1979.
- A Private Battle, CBS, 1980.
- A Tale of Two Cities, CBS, 1980.
- Stand By Your Man, CBS, 1981.
- Berlin Tunnel 21, CBS, 1981.
- The Bunker, CBS, 1981.
- Dial M for Murder, NBC, 1981.
- Ivanhoe, CBS, 1982.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame, CBS, 1982.
- The Long Summer of George Adams, NBC, 1982.
- Witness for the Prosecution, CBS, 1982.
- A Piano for Mrs. Cimino, CBS, 1982.
- Fatal Vision, NBC, 1984.
- Samson and Delilah, ABC, 1984.
- Doubletake, CBS, 1985.
- The Manhunt for Claude Dallas, CBS, 1986.
- Six Against the Rock, NBC, 1987.
- Sidney Sheldon's Windmills of the Gods (mini-series), CBS, 1988.
- Around the World in Eighty Days (mini-series), NBC, 1989.
- Inherit the Wind, NBC, 1989.
- Blind Faith (mini-series), NBC, 1990.
- Also wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin, Showtime.
- "The Court Martial of George Armstrong Custer," Hallmark Hall of Fame, NBC, 1977.
- "Shadow of a Doubt," Hallmark Hall of Fame, NBC, 1991.
- Also wrote Outlaw, And the Band Played On, and Giant.
Other articles you might like: