Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Klugman to Michael Lantieri
Larry Kramer Biography (1935-)
Born June 25, 1935, in Bridgeport, CT; son of George L. (an attorney) and ReaW. (a social worker; maiden name, Wishengrad) Kramer. Addresses: Contact--c/o Arthur B. Kramer, Esquire, 919 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022.
- Birth Details
- June 25, 1935
- Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States
Credits; FILM WORK
- (Associate producer) Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush, Lopert, 1968.
- (Producer) Women in Love, United Artists, 1970.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SPECIALS
- Out in America, PBS, 1991.
- Larry Kramer, PBS, 1993.
- Four Friends, produced Off-Off-Broadway, 1973.
- Sissies' Scrapbook, Playwrights Horizons, New York City, 1974.
- The Normal Heart, Public Theatre, New York Shakespeare Festival, New YorkCity, 1985, published by New American Library, with an introduction by Andrew Holleran and a foreword by Joseph Papp, 1985.
- Just Say No: A Play about a Farce, WPA Theatre, New York City, 1988, published by St. Martin's Press, 1989.
- The Destiny of Me (three-act; sequel to The Normal Heart), Lucille LortelTheater, New York City, 1992, published by Plume, 1993.
- Also author of two-act play Furniture of Home, 1989.
- (Additional dialogue) Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush, Lopert, 1968.
- Women in Love, United Artists, 1970.
- Lost Horizon, Columbia, 1975.
- Also author of A Sea Change, 1972.
- Faggots (novel), Random House, 1978.
- Reports from the Holocaust: The Making of an AIDS Activist (nonfiction),St. Martin's Press, 1989.
- Contributor of essays to periodicals, including The Advocate, Village Voice, and New York Times.
- Adaptations: Material from Reports from the Holocaust: The Making of an AIDS Activist was adapted by Edward Hunt and Jeff Storer as the one-act play "Report from the Holocaust," performed as part of Indecent Materials, New YorkShakespeare Festival, New York City, 1990.
- Advocate, December 1, 1992, p. 40; December 15, 1992, p. 42.
- Interview, April, 1993, p. 112.
- New York, June 3, 1985, pp. 42-46.
- New York Times, March 11, 1990; October 4, 1992.
- People Weekly, July 9, 1990, p. 72.
- Playboy, September, 1993, p. 61.
- Rolling Stone, March 8, 1990.
- Vanity Fair, October, 1992, p. 228.
- Village Voice, September 11, 1990; October 27, 1992, pp. 110-12.
- Washington Post, October 20, 1992, p. E-1.
Other articles you might like: