Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Wes Anderson to Sarah Badel
Martin Aronstein Biography (1936-2002)
Born November 2, 1936, in Pittsfield, MA; son of Milton David and Selma Frances (Herman) Aronstein. Addresses: OFFICE--4851 Sylmar Ave., Sherman Oaks, CA 91423.
- Birth Details
- November 2, 1936
- Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
- Death Details
- May 3, 2002
- Van Nuys, California
- PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; LIGHTING DESIGNER,NEW YORK CITY PRODUCTIONS Carousel, Equity Library Theatre, 1959.
- The Taming of the Shrew, 1960.
- King Richard II, Black Nativity, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, Electra, and Mister Roberts, all 1961.
- The Tempest, 1962.
- The Winter's Tale and Morning Sun, both 1963.
- The White Rose and the Red, Cindy, The Milk Train Doesn't Stop Here Anymore, A Severed Head, I Was Dancing, Tiny Alice, Othello, Electra, and A Midsummer Night's Dream, all 1964.
- The Impossible Years, The Royal Hunt of the Sun, Cactus Flower, Love's Labour's Lost, Coriolanus, Troilus and Cressida, and King Henry V, all 1965.
- Slapstick Tragedy, The Condemned of Altona, All's Well That Ends Well, Measure for Measure, Richard III, The Investigation, and Those That Play the Clowns, all 1966.
- Marat/Sade, The Astrakhan Coat, The East Wind, Galileo, The Comedy of Errors, King John, Titus Andronicus, Song of the Grashopper, Hair, How Now Dow Jones, and Hamlet, all 1967.
- The Education of H*Y*M*A*N K*A*P*L*A*N, George M!, I'm Solomon, The Memorandum, Henry IV, Parts I and II, Romeo and Juliet, Her First Roman, Huui Huui, Morning, Noon and Night, Promises, Promises, Dames at Sea, and Forty Carats, all 1968.
- Cities in Bezique, The Owl Answers, Play It Again Sam, The Dozens, Invitation to a Beheading, Billy, Peer Gynt, Twelfth Night, The Reckoning, The Penny Wars, Buck White, La Strada, and Sambo, all 1969. Paris Is Out!, The Chinese and Dr. Fish, Grin and Bare It, Postcards, The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds, Park, Mod Donna, The Wars of the Roses, Parts I and II, Richard III, The Happiness Cage, Trelawny of the 'Wells', Jack MacGowran inthe Works of Samuel Beckett, and The Gingerbread Lady, all 1970.
- Four on a Garden, And Miss Reardon Drinks a Little, The Basic Training ofPavlo Hummel, Charlie Was Here and Now He's Gone, Timon of Athens, The Taleof Cymbeline, The Incomparable Max, and Ain't Supposed to Die a Natural Death, all 1971.
- Moonchildren, Sugar, Promenade, All!, The Little Black Book, Different Times, Don't Play Us Cheap, Hamlet, Ti-Jean and His Brothers, Much Ado About Nothing, Hurry Harry, Wedding Band, and Ambassador, all 1972. Tricks, Echoes, Nash at Nine, Smith, As You Like It, King Lear, Boom Boom Room, The Three Sisters, The Beggar's Opera, Measure for Measure, The Au Pair Man, and Scapin, all 1973.
- Next Time I'll Sing to You, More than You Deserve, What the Wine- SellersBuy, Dear Nobody, Once I Saw a Boy Laughing, My Fat Friend, Music! Music!, An American Millionaire, Pericles, The Merry Wives of Windsor, Mert & Phil, Fame, and In the Boom Boom Room, all 1974.
- The Ritz, A Doll's House, A Matter of Time, Little Black Sheep, Hamlet, Kennedy's Children, and Souvenir (in Los Angeles), all 1975.
- The Poison Tree, Hamlet, The Comedy of Errors, Mrs. Warren's Profession,I Have a Dream, The Mikado, The Pirates of Penzance, and HMS Pinafore, all 1976.
- Absent Friends (Toronto), 1977.
- Hello, Dolly! and Players, both 1978.
- The Grand Tour, 1979.
- Cause Celebre and On Golden Pond, both Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles, 1979-80.
- Home, Cort Theatre, New York City, 1980.
- Blackstone!, Majestic Theatre, New York City, 1980.
- Says I, Says He, Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, 1980.
- Division Street, Ambassador Theatre, New York City, 1980.
- Mixed Couples, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, New York City, 1980-81.
- Chekhov in Yalta and Twelfth Night, both Mark Taper Forum, 1981.
- Medea, Cort Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- The Chalk Garden, Roundabout Theatre, Stage One, New York City, 1982.
- Another Part of the Forest, Ahmanson Theatre, 1982.
- Ghosts, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, 1982.
- Whodunnit, Biltmore Theatre, New York City, 1982-83.
- A Soldier's Play, A Month in the Country, and Richard III, all at the Mark Taper Forum, 1982-83.
- Hay Fever, Ahmanson Theatre, 1983.
- The American Clock, Wild Oats, and Moby Dick--Rehearsed, all at the MarkTaper Forum, 1983-84.
- Beethoven's Tenth and Detective Story, both Ahmanson Theatre, 1983- 84.
- Noises Off, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, 1983-85.
- Beethoven's Tenth, Nederlander Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- A Woman of Independent Means, Biltmore Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- Passion Play, Undiscovered Country, and Measure for Measure, all at the Mark Taper Forum, 1984-85.
- Noises Off, Ahmanson Theatre, 1985.
- Benefactors, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- Romance Language, 'Night, Mother, The Immigrant, Hedda Gabler, and The Real Thing, all at the Mark Taper Forum, 1986.
- The Petrified Forest and The Faire Penitent, both Los Angeles Theatre Center, 1986.
- Sweet Bird of Youth, Ahmanson Theatre, 1986.
- Pump Boys and Dinettes, Las Palmas Theatre, Los Angeles, 1986.
- Wild Honey, Virginia Theatre, New York City, 1986.
- The Film Society and The Importance of Being Earnest, both Los Angeles Theatre Center, 1987.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- All U.S. cities tours: Rich Little Rich Girl, 1964.
- Hello, Dolly!, 1977-83.
- Daisy Mayme, 1979-80.
- The Winslow Boy, 1981.
- Torch Song Trilogy, 1983-84.
Other articles you might like: