Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Melissa Errico to Colleen Fitzpatrick
Ronald Eyre Biography (1929-1992)
Born April 13, 1929, in Mapplewell, England; son of Christopher and Mabel (Smith) Eyre. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Larry Dalzell, 17 Broad Court, Suite12, London WC2B 5QN, England.
- Birth Details
- April 13, 1929
- Mapplewell, England
- Death Details
- April 8, 1992
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Director, Titus Andronicus, Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Birmingham, U.K., 1963.
- FIRST BROADWAY WORK--Director, London Assurance, Royal Shakespeare Company, Palace Theatre, New York City, 1974.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Widowers' Houses, Stratford Theatre, London, 1965.
- Events While Guarding the Bofors Gun, Hampstead Theatre Club, London, 1966.
- Bakke's Night of Fame, Hampstead Theatre Club, 1968.
- Enemy, Saville Theatre, London, 1969.
- Three Months Gone, Royal Court Theatre, London, 1970.
- London Assurance, Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC), Aldwych Theatre, London, 1970, then Palace Theatre, New York City, 1974.
- Mrs. Warren's Profession, National Theatre, London, 1970.
- A Voyage 'round My Father, Haymarket Theatre, London, 1971.
- Much Ado about Nothing, RSC, Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-on- Avon, U.K., 1971.
- Veterans and A Pagan Place, both Royal Court Theatre, 1972.
- Habeas Corpus, Lyric Theatre, London, 1973.
- (with Euan Smith) Something's Burning, Mermaid Theatre, London, 1974.
- (with Roshan Seth) The Marquis of Keith, RSC, Aldwych Theatre, 1974.
- Saratoga, RSC, Aldwych Theatre, 1978.
- Tishoo, Wyndham's Theatre, London, 1978.
- A Patriot for Me, Centre Theatre Group, Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, 1985.
- Also directed Ghosts, Oxford, U.K., 1968; Othello, RSC, 1978; The SecretPoliceman's Other Ball, London, 1979; Hobson's Choice, Messiah, When We Are Married, and J.J. Farr, all London productions; Falstaff (opera), Los Angeles,CA, then London, later Florence, Italy; Curlew River (opera), Bath Festival,Bath, U.K.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Host, Seven Ages, BBC.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; SERIES
- The Long Search, BBC, 1974-77. Since 1957, has directed numerous teleplays for British and American television, including A Crack in the Ice and Are You There?.
- (Adaptor) London Assurance, Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC), Aldwych Theatre, London, 1970, then Palace Theatre, New York City, 1974.
- Something's Burning, Mermaid Theatre, London, 1974.
- (adaptor) The Marquis of Keith, RSC, Aldwych Theatre, 1974.
- The Long Search, BBC, 1974-77.
- Also wrote twelve plays for television, including Bruno, A Crack in the Ice, and Are You There?.
- Ronald Eyre on the Long Search, Collins and World, 1979.
Other articles you might like: