Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ruby R. Levitt to Eric Lutes
Barbara Louis Biography ((?)-)
Born February 3, in Latrobe, PA; daughter of Ben (a salesman) and Elizabeth (an office worker; maiden name, Glenn) Louis. Addresses: HOME--200 W. 16th Street, New York, NY 10011.
Barbara Louis commented to CTFT about the motivation of her career: "I started singing on a local radio show a the age of five, my interest continued fromthen on. I was one of ten outstanding seniors of my graduation class and washonored for my acting."
- Birth Details
- February 3,
- Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Clarisse Carter, Goodbye My Fancy, Pittsburgh Playhouse, 1952.
- OFF-BROADWAY DEBUT--Lucy Brown, The Threepenny Opera, Theatre de Lys, 1960-61.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Emilia, Othello, 1952.
- title role, The Heiress, 1953.
- Gail Joy, Best Foot Forward, 1953.
- Madam Parole, My Three Angels, 1953.
- Shirley, High Button Shoes, 1954.
- Irene, Light Up the Sky, 1954.
- Crystal, The Women, 1954.
- Gillian, Bell, Book and Candle, 1955.
- Leila Tree, Panama Hatti, 1955.
- Elie, Transfers, Off-Broadway, New York City, 1973.
- Jenny The Threepenny Opera, 1980.
- Myra, Deathtrap, 1985.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Francy, Uncle Willie, 1956.
- Mrs. Durant, Cactus Flower, 1967-68.
- Ruth, Blithe Spirit, 1976.
- Gert, Murder Among Friends, 1976.
- Vera, Mame (two productions), 1972, 1981.
- FILM DEBUT--Never Love a Stranger, Allied Artists, 1958.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Star!, 1968.
- Report to the Commissioner, United Artists, 1975.
- Also, Run Across the River.
- TELEVISON DEBUT--Hostess, The Weather Show, KDKA-TV, Pittsburgh, 1954.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- As the World Turns, CBS, 1959.
- Another World, NBC, 1960.
- Miracle on 34th Street, 1962.
Other articles you might like: