Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Amy Saltz to David Selby
M. David Samples Biography ((?)-)
Lake Forest College, B.A.; University of North Carolina, M.A. Addresses: HOME--441 14th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11215.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- The Beggar's Opera, Memorial Hall.
- Dearie, You're a Dreamer and Crown of Choice, both at the Playmakers Theatre, NC.
- A Word in Edgewise and There Dies an Adonis, both at the Playmakers Theatre and at the Rockford Civic Theatre, IL, all with the University of North Carolina Playmakers.
- Consider the Heavens, Moorehead State College, KY.
- Mrs. President, Lincoln College, IL.
- The Eleventh Hour, outdoor symphonic drama, Staunton, VA.
- Voice in the Wind, outdoor symphonic drama, Ruskin, FL.
- Queen Anne's Bell, outdoor symphonic drama, Bath, NC.
- stock tryouts: A Delicate Question, The Best Man, Loss of Roses, Summer Brave, and On the March to the Sea.
- at the Woodstock Opera House, McHenry, IL, the Woodstock Playhouse, NY, and the Hyde Park Playhouse NY, directed more than one hundred productions, including: Family Portrait, Bye Bye Birdie, A Moon for the Misbegotten, Look Back in Anger, Blue Denim, Romanoff and Juliet, Look Homeward Angel, The Drunkard, Two for the Seesaw, The Diary of Anne Frank, The Dark at the Top of the Stairs, Critic's Choice, The Golden Fleecing, Roshomon, Arsenic and Old Lace,Springtime for Henry, Duet for Two Hands, Sweet Bird of Youth.
- Also directed: Kataki, St. Mark's Playhouse, New York City; My Heart's inthe Highlands, Equity Library Theatre, New York City; The Beheading, LincolnCenter Library Theatre, New York City; Plays for Living, with Family Serviceof America, New York City; Also In White America, and Boy with a Cart, bothNew York City productions.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Colonel Jed Willis, Wilderness Road, Peter Cartwright, Forever This Land,and Father Martin, The Lost Colony, all outdoor symphonic dramas.
- stock productions at the Woodstock Playhouse, NY and the Hyde Park Playhouse, NY: Dr. Sloper, The Heiress, Dr. Jacobson, The Rope Dancers, Elwood P. Dowd, Harvey, Malachi Stack, The Matchmaker, Billy Rice, The Entertainer, William Russell, The Best Man, and Pogo Poole, The Pleasure of His Company.
- The Beheading, Lincoln Center Library Theatre, New York City.
- Insufficient Evidence, Double Image Theatre, New York City.
- Night of the Auk, Equity Library Theatre, New York City.
- Cock-a-Doodle-Dandy, Carnegie Hall Playhouse, New York City.
- Tobias and the Angel, Theatre East, New York City.
- As You Like It, with the New York Shakespeare Festival, New York City.
- Richard III, New York Shakespeare Festival, New York City.
- Wedding in Japan, Graystone Theatre, New York City.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED Winter's Harvest (three one-acts), Out of Order, and The Bereaved, all at the Rockford Civic Theatre, IL, and produced by the University of North Carolina Playmakers.
- Winter's Harvest, YMCA Players, Joliet, IL.
- PLAYS,PUBLISHED Out of Order and Winter's Harvest.
- Contributor: English Journal, Bulletin of Secondary School Principals, Players Magazine, The New York Times, Sunday edition, Bulletin of National Theatre Conference, and Dramatics Magazine.
Other articles you might like: