Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
William Dudley to Gilbert Ernotte
Omar Epps Biography (1973-)
Born May 16, 1973, in Brooklyn, NY; mother, a school principal; married YusraSalama, 1993; children: Aiyanna Yasmine. Addresses: Agent: The GershAgency, 232 North Canon Dr., Beverly Hills, CA 90210-5302.
- Actor, singer, composer
- Birth Details
- May 16, 1973
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
- (Film debut) Q, Juice (also known as Angel Town 2), Paramount, 1992
- Darnell Jefferson, The Program, Buena Vista, 1993
- Willie Mays Hayes, Major League II, Warner Bros., 1994
- Malik Williams, Higher Learning, Izaro Films, S.A., 1995
- Malik, Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (also known as Don't Be a Menace), Miramax, 1996
- Phil Stevens, Scream 2, Miramax, 1997
- Wayne Hoobler, Breakfast of Champions, The Walt Disney Company, 1999
- Lincoln Hayes, The Mod Squad, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1999
- Mike, The Wood, Paramount, 1999
- Jeff Cole/J. Reid, In Too Deep, Miramax, 1999
- Quincy McCall, Love and Basketball, New Line Cinema, 2000
- Denny, Brother, Sony Pictures Classics, 2000
- Marcus, Dracula 2000 (also known as Dracula 2001 and WesCraven Presents Dracula 2000), Miramax, 2000
- Darren Mitchell, Absolute Zero, 2000
Perfume, Lions Gate Films, Inc., 2001
- Pat Greer, Big Trouble, Walt Disney Pictures, 2001
- Dr. Dennis Grant (recurring role), ER, NBC, 1996-97
- Hunter, Daybreak, HBO, 1993
- Kinglsey Ofusu, Deadly Voyage, HBO, 1996
- Greg Yance, First-Time Felon, HBO, 1997
- (As Omar Hashim Epps) Deron, In the Shadow of Love: A Teen AIDS Story, ABC, 1991
The 1999 MTV Movie Awards, 1999
Assignment E! with Leeza Gibbons: The Hollywood Pressure Cooker, E! Entertainment Television, 2000
Essence Awards 2000, 2000
- Curtis Freeman, Here and Now, NBC, 1992
Main Title Theme Composer
The Wayans Bros. (series), The WB, 1997-99
Music Video Appearances
- Appeared in Deborah Cox's Sentimental.
Music Video Work
- Directed videos for Special Ed and Heather B.
- Recorded (with Wolf Pack), The Birth.
Contemporary Black Biography, June, 2000, Volume 23, Gale Group, 1999.
Newsmakers 2000, Gale Group, 2000.
Interview, p. 46.
People Weekly, November 18, 1996, p. 100.
Teen People, May 18, 2000, p. 130.
USA Weekend, April 21, 2000, p. 10.
Vanity Fair, April 21, 1999 .
Young Miss, April 21, 1999 .
Other articles you might like: