Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brock Peters to Jonathan Prince
William Preston Biography (1921-)
Born August 26, 1921, in Columbia, PA; son of William (a weaver) and Hannah Louise (Hable) Preston. Addresses: Agent: Pat House, Actors Group, 157West 57th St., New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- August 26, 1921
- Columbia, Pennsylvania, United States
Credits; Film Appearances
- Ogden, Annie Hall, United Artists, 1977.
- Desk clerk, Gloria, Columbia, 1980.
- Derelict, Soup for One, Warner Bros., 1982.
- Elevator man, Goodbye New York, Castle Hill, 1985.
- Flask mourner, Family Business, TriStar, 1989.
- Old man in wheelchair, The Exorcist III, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1990.
- John the bum, The Fisher King, TriStar, 1991.
- Blacksmith, Far and Away, Universal, 1992.
- Appeared as Sticker, Carnival of Blood.
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- E. B. Bennett, "Lady in a Corner," NBC Movie of the Week, NBC, 1989.
- Appeared as a tramp, Edge of Night; appeared in episodes of Another World,
All My Children, and Late Night with David Letterman.
Credits; Other Television Appearances
- Appeared as a bum, O'Malley, 1983; and Mr. Waterman, The Haunted Mansion Mystery, 1983.
Credits; Stage Appearances
- (Stage debut) Purgon, The Imaginary Invalid, Walnut Street Theatre, Philadelphia, PA, 1971.
- (New York debut) Private First Class Joe Carson, We Bombed in New Haven, Circle in the Square, 1972.
- Mr. Gibbs, Arsenic and Old Lace, 46th Street Theatre, New York City, 1986.
The Cherry Orchard, Caldwell Theatre, Boca Raton, FL, 1986.
- A shepherd, The Winter's Tale, Huntington Theatre Company, Boston,MA, 1987-88.
- Gremio, The Taming of the Shrew, Triplex Theatre, New York City, 1988.
- The third watch, Much Ado about Nothing, New York Shakespeare Festival (NYSF), Delacorte Theatre/Central Park, New York City, 1988.
- Joe Stoddard, Our Town, Lyceum Theatre, New York City, 1988-89.
As You Like It, Folger Shakespeare Theatre, Washington, DC, 1988-89.
A Flea in Her Ear, Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven, CT, 1989-90.
- Rodgers, Sherlock Holmes and the Speckled Band, Walnut Street Theatre, 1989-90.
- Gonzolo, The Tempest, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, Madison, 1991.
- Adam, As You Like It, Orlando Shakespeare Festival, Walt Disney Amphitheatre, Orlando, FL, 1993.
- Pinch, The Comedy of Errors, Orlando Shakespeare Festival, Walt Disney Amphitheatre, 1993.
- Appeared as sick beggar, The Golem, NYSF; Martini, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest; Corbaccio, Volpone; Thomas, The Rivals; Androcles, Androcles and the Lion; Petey, The Birthday Party;Colonel Kincaid, The Last Meeting of the Knights of the White Magnolia; Candy, Of Mice and Men; Waffles, Uncle Vanya; Lucky, Waiting for Godot; Grandpa and Mr. DePinna, You Can't Take It with You; Touchstone and Adam, As You Like It; Bottom and Peter Quince, A Midsummer Night's Dream; Dogberry, Much Ado about Nothing; Baptistaand Grumio, The Taming of the Shrew; Toby Belch, Feste, and Andrew Aguecheek, Twelfth Night; ghost, first gravedigger, and Polonius, Hamlet; Justice Shallow, Henry IV, Part II; and the archbishop and king of France, Henry V; appeared in productions of Hedda Gabler,
Whisper into My Good Ear,
A Nestless Bird,
Friends of Mine,
Iphigenia in Aulis,
His Master's Voice,
Palpitations, and one-manshow Shakespeare on a Broomstick. Toured as the old actor, The Fantasticks, U.S. cities.
Other articles you might like: